Finally pics of the yellow skin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Someone emailed me and reminded me that I never posted the pics of the yellow skin. Finally here they are!! Also we have been looking for a new farm in Ohio. What did we find in EVERY pasture??? Poison Hemlock!!! It was everywhere. Im happy to report that both of these guys are now pink skinned again. Thank god it showed up so much more on Rascal (overo) or i may not have known something was wrong.

rasyellow.jpg

tamaleyellow.jpg

Holy Cow! I bet they did glow in the dark. Well have you found your dream mini horse farm yet?

They did glow in the dark!! The farms we saw in ohio were vacant thank goodness. The pic runamcuk posted is what it looks like before it flowers. it gets HUGE and looks almost like a wild carrot plant or parsley. Very fern looking. Our vet was shocked that we didnt loose any horses as this stuff is so poisionous! We think what they did was only eat a little bit so they kinda got immune but it would have killed them if we hadnt figured it out.

Karla---hubby took a new job in ohio so we are relocating. Our search in Ohio though is not going well at all. Most of the farms we looked at werent even liveable and were top dollar. Ughhhh

Kay

I have been looking for a farm in Ohio as well and have had the same luck, all bad. The best was when I went to open the barn door and it fell off in my hand, I guess I should have been happy that the barn stayed up. When I looked at the pasture it was loaded with poison hemlock (which the realator called Queen Anne's Lace) and Thistle. The grass was over waist high and they had no intention of bushhogging to sell it. They were asking a lot of money for it and advertised it as move in ready for horses. Bring them on in, the listing said. Glad that your guys made it through this bout of toxins. Congratulations. Keep looking, just be smarter about the creative journalism in listings.

Nancy/Jag and Inti's Mom (also Noah and Buttermilk's)

Kay,

not sure what the color looks like normal, but that was a good catch.

Not so sure I would have seen it.

Nancy, just who is Buttermilk?????????

Nancy, just who is Buttermilk?????????

I KNOW! I KNOW THAT ONE! It was Dale Evan's buckskin mare!

new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

Finally, I got something right!

KK, you need to come more south!

Can I interest you in 15 acres of hay field????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back