finally moving forward

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannigirl

Reaction score
I have had a really rough time getting back into the swing of getting healthy and paying attention to what I eat and trying to move more. I came to this site a little over a week ago and am so glad I did. Whenever I start getting lazy, I come here and reread the posts and know you are all behind me and with me in this journey. That helps me more than you know.

I lost 4 lbs this week. The most I have lost in one week in over a year. Thank you for being here and I hope I can help all of you with my posts as much as you all help me.

Angie

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!! That is great! And doesn't it make you feel like you want to keep going?
default_smile.png

I must have gained the pounds you lost because I have gained three pounds this week. I think I'm retaining water (that better be it!), so I'm not too worried about it...yet! But it makes me that much more determined to see a big difference next week.

Keep up the good work! You can do it!
default_smile.png

Wooo Hoooo! That's great!! 4 lbs is a great amount to loose!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif

OMG that is wonderful Dannigirl!!! Congratulations
default_firstprize.gif
Sara I'm retaining water too I hate that. Do you take anything for that? natural or medicinal?

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations on your 4lb loss dannigirl! Every great journey begins with a single step!

Also to chime in on water retention, it seems counterintuitive but drinking more water can help with that! Kind of like how if you do not eat enough calories per day your body will go into "starvation mode" and hold onto all the weight it can, you will often retain water if you are not drinking enough of it. It can sometimes take a few days for your body to "catch up" and let go of the excess water. I'm sure there are other remedies out there but this usually helps me!
default_wink.png

Debbie, I answered your question on the other thread since I was already making a long post. Lol.

As for drinking water, I make sure that I drink at least 64 ounces every day. Sometimes I really have to force myself to do it (especially in winter months) but I always drink at least that much. I know they say that you should drink half your weight in water, but that is definately never ever going to happen for me. Not even in our dry 118 degree weather. I'm just not a thirsty person by nature.
default_sad.png
Do you all have a certain amount you strive to drink per day?

Lately I have made it a point to drink at least 4 20-oz cups of water per day, so 80 oz per day for me!
default_spit.gif
(always wanted to use that smiley, haha!) I have always been a "water person" but only lately have made a point of drinking a certain amount per day. Getting one of those reusable hard plastic cups with a lid and straw has really helped me out. Before I got said cup, the cats would try to drink from my glasses and/or dip their paws in them!
default_wacko.png
Hubby takes a half-gallon container (64 oz) to work with him daily plus whatever he drinks at night (for him, normally soda or tea; he's not really a water guy, but he makes himself drink it).

Latest posts

Back