Finally!!!!! It's MY TURN!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi everyone!

I've been drewling over everyone's gorgeous babies they've beeing having..... and FINALLY my time has come!!

My Amber mare was due May 16th but she always goes 2 weeks early. The night before last we had a big thunderstorm with lots of rain. And I've been watching her on the t.v. at night but of course she didn't foal. So I turned her out with the 2 mares that she is normally with as normal.... Her bag was huge (has been)... but nothing too different. Then at noon I always come home and turn the other 2 mares out with these 3 and then my yearling colt, SockIt (the mares ALLLLLL love him...... he still acts like a baby!).... but I always give a flake of grass hay to the girls and spread it out for a noon lunch.

Well.... Amber the PIG she is........ didn't feel like eating. Which was odd. I felt her bag and her teets were full and had a little bit of wax on them. I'm like no....... she won't go yet...... I went to the house "breifly" to get something quick for dinner and was just about to leave to go back to work ( a mile down the road)... and I saw her in thier little pasture area (which is now just a huge dry lot).......but I saw her kick up her heels and take off like a mad women and headed for the barn........ Well...... No one went with her..... so I just had this feeling something wasn't right....... So I brought her more hay and closed her in a pen that has a run & shelter not really thinking she was going to go. I did remember her owner I got her from a few years ago (when she had her first foal, she had it during the day and she ran and bucked)....... SO just to be on the safe side I kept her seperate from the other horses.....

Well........ Then back at work I thought to myself I better just go check on her just incase..... I almost talked myself out of it! THANK GOSH I didn't! As I was coming down the road past my house I glanced over at the barn and could see her standing right outside the barn with somehting WHITE!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

She didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course she had a NICE big area to of foaled in the barn......but NO..........we had to have it out in the MUD!!!!!!!

And its a BOY!!!!!!!! And boy was he a MUDDY boy too!!!!!! So I picked him up and carried him to the foaling part of the barn...... He is a really neatly marked pinto colt!! SO REFINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his topline and he walks like a giraff, very "up hill"........ I just love his markings!!!!!!!!!!!! So even though he's not the filly I was SOOOOOO hoping to get........... I'm VERY VERY happy with this guy! He's so straight and correct and REFINED!! This foal's out of my friend's stallion that lives down the road from me about 6 miles. His name's Kickapoo's Mahagony Moon. Even though he's a solid both of his parents are pinto and the grand sire goes back to LTD's Magic Man...... so this colt had a good chance of getting some color, and his dam's a minimal Pinto....... She's SUCH a good momma!!!

Yesterday was cool and cloudy and a east wind...... So hopefully today with the sun shinning I can get some good outside pictures of him. I wish it was warm enough to wash the mud off his legs....

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad mom & baby are doing good and had NO problems! She had a colt for me last year and had him at night......... this year she decided she wasn't going to be watched!!!!!! lol!

Ace is going to be his barn name and thinking about registering him as "Deven Creek Ace N' The Moon"....

I know this guy is going to be one heck of a show horse! I can't wait til' he unfolds and see what he matures into!!

I was SOOOOOOOO worried about this mare not foaling in time for the show I'm going to up in SD on the 17th-18th........... That's a HUGE relif!!!

Now I have to wait til' June 10th and June 29th for the last 2 foals to arrive. I'm very exsited about them coming too since they have not had foals out of those stallions before so will be exsiting to see what they have!!

Thanks for letting me share!!
default_yes.gif

AceMom1May708.jpg

Ace6May708.jpg

Ace3May708.jpg

AceTellingMomToMoveMay708.jpg

He was telling mom to move in this last one with his but backed up to her mom....

Congrats on your pretty little pinto colt.He has such a sweet face...
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on your sweet little bundle of joy!!
default_wub.png

I cant wait to see more pix of him!!

OMG!! He is beautiful. I think he would like it here with me.
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

Thanks for the great compliments!

I'm stuck at home yesterday & today..... I'm fighting thee WORST sinus infection!!!!! Just misserable!

But yesterday it was sunny out! So I did make a point to take more pictures of him outside and it was sunny! I'm glad I did because it really rained "again" last night and is cool & cloudy & MUDDY out today.

I will post the new pictures of him in a little bit on the photo forum board, so you can check him out on there! This guy is So up hill!! It's so cute because he has a perfect little round ball of brown in the middle of his back...... This guy has some movement too! I'm thinking about taking him to the Area 6 National show in July??????? (maybe)...... I really like him...... but have ENOUGH boys here! loL!

This a.m. he trying to be a big boy and was trying to eat with mom! So CUTE to see them try to do those "grown up" things........ He's just SOOOOO adorable!
default_wub.png

Oh, he IS a little mud-ball isn't he! So cute! Babies do love to be scratched and rubbed on, I bet you could get him cleaned off pretty well without him ever knowing it was anything but a lovin' session.
default_biggrin.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back