Finally into the Christmas Spirit! Whew!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Seems like everything that could go wrong did but we are all finally back on track.

The worst thing was that last weekend, Jerry's oldest son in Ohio suffered a tragedy and it didn't look like he was going to make it, but now, only with the grace of God, he is recovering. It looked for a while that I was getting two more little kids to raise, but thank God, their daddy is going to recover.

As you know our tons of years and years of Christmas decorations were trashed last weekend in a bad storm. We got stuff fixed up again and even found St. Joseph and a snowman that were airlifted. We are expected to do our big light up debut for the mountain friends and neighbors on Sunday night if all goes as planned. We did a few test runs and have a few glitches still in the fuse blowing department. It should get fixed pretty quick. While we were out there tonite working on the problems, everyone up here that was going by was beeping and waving and hollering "turn them on" and "light them up".....it's a big deal up here. It really lifted my spirits.

Then of course my card program when nuts and my printer went nuts and nothing was working and I couldn't get my cards done. Well I found the problem and it was weird. Leave it to me, not to have a normal problem. Seems that I used a whole lot of clip art in making my cards. Well, one of the pieces of clip art was corrupt. So I had to go back, piece by piece until I found out that I had a star that was messing up my entire program. Then I started all over, took me two nights, and now they are ready to print off. YIP YIP YIP!

Last by not least, we are going to get our tree tomorrow and do a bit of shopping. It's going to rain, so I'm leaving the kids in the barn all day with extra hay and plenty of Christmas music. A channel in Chattanooga is playing only Christmas music and boy, the Prancers love it so they will be fine all day hold up inside a nice, comfy dry barn. Since we expect rain on Sunday too, that will be the perfect time for me to wrap gifts and get them ready to ship and decorate our tree.

Things are really looking up and I am back on track and really in the spirit now. Hope you are too!

Sounds like you have it under control, Marty- did you sort out the Nativity???

im so glad your back on track,its lifts my spirits whenever i hear of people lifting themselves back up dusting themselvesd down and starting again,fair play to you marty im sure it wasnt easy,i thing i would have give up!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

488.gif
488.gif
I'll now that your display is all lit up when my lights here in Canada flicker and dim a little!!
biggrin.gif

Good to hear things are looking up for you!

Sure do wish you could come to our Christmas tree farm and get your tree here!

Jody! If Jerry has to make another trip to Ohio, we would love to get our tree there! (((( )))))

Latest posts

Back