Finally have a DRIVING pony!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
When I purchased Chip as a yearling back in 2002, I dreamed of the days when he would be in harness. Life happened and his driving career kept getting put on the back burner. Well, 9 years later, we are finally here
default_smile.png

Hes been in training since the beginning of December (2010) and has done fabulous. Hitched him two weeks into training (and no he wasnt pushed, he was completely ready) and hes been driving since week 5-6. I went for a visit today and got to drive him myself. I cant explain how it felt to be in the cart, behind "my man"....

I want to THANK the entire crew at Gallery Originals for loving and beleiving in my boy as much as I do! Lisa and Helen are wonderful people, straight forward and friendly. They love their horses and it shows. Chip is in heaven up there. Apples and carrots every night. Hes going to hate coming home ;)

We will definately be competing in the CDE ring, but might try our hand in the breed arena too!

Chipdriving12511.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations Erin. I love seeing the pictures of Chip (and the rest of the family) Duckie welcomes Chip into the world of driving.

Good for you!
default_aktion033.gif
BUT....now you realize that there is a whole new world to driving!
default_laugh.png
It just starts with one horse, then another, and then the vehicle collection, then you need a "practice" harness and a show harness. Pretty soon, you wonder where all the space went in your tack room and trailer!
default_biggrin.png

But then there is all the new driving friends, places to go, clinics to attend....I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Well, 9 years later, we are finally here. Hes been in training since the beginning of December (2010) and has done fabulous. Hitched him two weeks into training (and no he wasnt pushed, he was completely ready)
This isn't uncommon for a horse that is older and has had plenty of in-hand experience, the more the better. The trouble comes when people who don't know any better try to do that with a 2 yr. old that has barely been touched. Sounds like you are on the right track.
default_yes.gif

Myrna

This is so awesome seeing all the foals out there doing what they are bred to do. I can't wait to see both Duckie and Chip out there competing this year. I am very happy that Erin's dreams are starting to come true.'

Congratulations! You guys have been driving me crazy- all these mature, sound, ready-to-drive horses lying around and you wouldn't get them TRAINED!! While I've been over here for two years with all the equipment, ready and dying to drive, and out of three horses not one was driveable. Spyder was too old, Kody not sound, and Turbo too young.
default_sad.png

Whine, whimper, moan....

At last, at LAST, we all get back on the box seat! Wahaha!!!

default_unsure.png
Um, I mean...congratulations on getting Chip driving.
default_biggrin.png

Seriously, Lisa and the gang are great. I'm sure Chip's gotten a fantastic start and I can't wait to see him out driving. Will you be at the NWMHC schooling show?

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Leia all is well. Honestly had you asked I would have offered up one of mine. You will be driving Turbo in no time.

We are discussing going to the beach this summer wit Chip, Jimmy and Koda just for some fun. Got to get Erin out there to enjoy Chip

Congratulations, Erin!

I look forward to seeing you pull in at the C.Z. trailhead WITH your trailer and Chip for a fun drive with us. Have you purchased a cart and harness yet? Will Lisa be showing him?

Chip is such a great horse already, so I'm sure he'll make a great driving pony!

Shortpig said:
Now Leia all is well. Honestly had you asked I would have offered up one of mine.
default_wink.png
Thanks Marie. I got lots of offers, unfortunately I didn't have room on my property for another horse. I'm just teasin' ya'll!

Leia

I knew that. Of course I didn't say who.

Boy doesn't Erin look good in that cart?

Susanne you might have a big group on the trail this year. Good times ahead.

Congratulations, Erin!

Look forward to be driving with you soon here in town.
default_aktion033.gif

Don't know if it will be Dancer or Lolli though... unlike Chip, it just hasn't clicked yet with Lolli.
default_wacko.png

We'll see what happens.

Daryl

When I purchased Chip as a yearling back in 2002, I dreamed of the days when he would be in harness. Life happened and his driving career kept getting put on the back burner. Well, 9 years later, we are finally here
default_smile.png

Hes been in training since the beginning of December (2010) and has done fabulous. Hitched him two weeks into training (and no he wasnt pushed, he was completely ready) and hes been driving since week 5-6. I went for a visit today and got to drive him myself. I cant explain how it felt to be in the cart, behind "my man"....

I want to THANK the entire crew at Gallery Originals for loving and beleiving in my boy as much as I do! Lisa and Helen are wonderful people, straight forward and friendly. They love their horses and it shows. Chip is in heaven up there. Apples and carrots every night. Hes going to hate coming home ;)

We will definately be competing in the CDE ring, but might try our hand in the breed arena too!

Chipdriving12511.jpg

Wow Daryl Koda is going to be there with Lollipop this weekend. We might all meet up there some weekend that would be fun. We are heading out Saturday morning. It will be like old home week there.

Latest posts

Back