Finally getting our barn, so our boys should be here next weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little off topic and a little on topic, what is the best way to get your mini used to being caught and a halter put on? I don't like ours running around with a halter but I also want to be able to grab her with out a huge chase....I can start a separate forum if need be.
I think "grab" is the operative word here. At first they are in a confined space. Catch them as calmly as you can. Put the halter on but don't buckle it. Scratch and praise. Remove the halter, scratch. Put it on and off a couple more times then walk away. Try that a couple of times and you should see a big improvement.

I think "grab" is the operative word here. At first they are in a confined space. Catch them as calmly as you can. Put the halter on but don't buckle it. Scratch and praise. Remove the halter, scratch. Put it on and off a couple more times then walk away. Try that a couple of times and you should see a big improvement.
Thanks!
She actually is better at putting it on than having it on and trying to get a lead rope on her.

Latest posts

Back