Finally get to tell New Filly!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin1

Reaction score
This is a little late coming but wanted to get pictures first. And there is a story here too.
default_laugh.png

Saturday night (April 12th) Gold Dust went into labor and I just had a feeling there was something NOT right. When nothing appeared in 15 minutes I went looking to see what was where. Right away I found a knee, nothing else.
default_new_shocked.gif
Called the vet who informed me she was out of town. Geeze!!!!
default_frusty.gif
So loaded her up right away and out to the Equine Hospital we go. We called ahead of time to let them know we were coming and what we had.
default_unsure.png

There were 4 vets waiting for us when we pulled in. The vet couldn't manipulate the foal as the mares contractions were too strong. So she was tranquilized and pulled up by her hind feet. Even then the vet was able to get one foot out and eventually the other but couldn't reach the jaw. The foals neck was turned with its chin facing the mares chest. I had asked her if the foal was still alive and she didn't think so. I told her the umbilical cord hadn't been compressed so keep working. She was finally able to get the head around and yelled for help to pull the foal. (she is obviously used to dealing with full size horses) as I reached around grabbed the legs and the baby slipped right out. She checked and when she found a heart beat, everybody went to work as the baby was also drugged. The vet was soooooo happy she thanked us numerous times for allowing her to deliver a live foal.
default_yes.gif
She said, everybody waits and keeps trying themselves until there is no chance for the foal.
default_no.gif

My regular vet asked that I tell all my friends this story so they won't wait and make things worse by messing around trying to get the foal out. I knew as soon as I couldn't find the head there was NO way I was getting that baby out.

So here is introducing Rockin Robins SF Ashleys Fantasia (a.k.a. Fancy) by the way Ashley is the vet who got her out.

Her parents are (Roys Toy Snippets Feature x Lottaluvs Gold Dust)

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Robin

Oh, and I am repeating this breeding.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty filly and dam! Your story was a little scary in the beginning but what a happy ending. I think it is a good story to share that people really should have a trailor nearby ready to go to a clinic or hospital if need be. Your wise decision and quick action saved a beautiful filly and mare. What a great resposonible breeder you are! (I would repeat the same breeding too!) Lavonne

She is absolutely beautiful and mom is too. Thank God you didn't wait and take a chance on losing her and the mom too. They are both absolutely stunning.
default_aktion033.gif

My goodness my heart was racing as I read your story here - What a GORGEOUS filly! You did the right thing!!! Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

So nice to have a happy ending. Congrats!

Barbie

scary story with a wonderful ending with a healthy beautiful mare and filly
default_wub.png

I'm sure we have all learned alot from your story

so glad yours had a happy ending

Congratulations

Lori

Congratulations on your miracle filly!!! She is a gorgeous little girl!!!
default_wub.png

Thanks everybody!!! She is a keeper and has lots of ATTITUDE!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Her dam is one of my favorites too.

My regular vet would like us to keep the trailer hooked up during foaling season but there is just no way. I have gotten really good at a fast hook up and can make it to the clinic or vets house in record time when necessary.
default_yes.gif

Robin

Congrats! Glad you got a healthy baby here safe and sound!
default_biggrin.png
Make sure you take cookies to your vet!
default_wub.png

Congratulations! She's an angel...just look at her using her new wings!!
default_yes.gif

What a looker she is!! Congrats on getting her here alive and well.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

IMG_0541.jpg

I think this picture should go to equisite!
default_yes.gif

Adorable!

Oh what a sweet little babydoll!!

Congrats and I'm glad everything worked out..

Congratulations Robin, on the lovely filly, your quick actions, and having a vet that got her out alive!

Wheee look at her go!!

Latest posts

Back