Finally an answer to my double K/blade problem

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
For those that have read along with my whinning saga of "these darn clippers" and "these new blades came dull"

I sent my Double K's off to be serviced. Although Hus had them all apart and cleaned up, they still wouldn't clip worth a hoot. They were all completely out of whack. They changed not only the lever, but had to do some serious adjusting on this, that, and the other thing, and more replacing of miscellaneous worn out parts.

I learned that these clippers should be sent in for an anual overhaul. I didn't realize how many years I had them and never sent them to be serviced. From now on, I learned my lesson; they are going to be sent to be serviced every winter from here on in.

Now the other part I complained about was the blades going dull so fast. I swore up and down that some of the blades I purchased were dull at the time of purchase. And yes, I did pre soak / lubercate them.

Apparently I was correct! They practiced with the blades there. All my blades of course were very dull, but the service man agreed that a couple of the blades I sent him marked "new" and not used, were in fact dull. One was Andis, the other was Oster.

The best of all the blades was the ones by Oster that advertise that they clip better and last longer......I forgot the name but in their description they do say they are their best blades. I'll have to go look it up. I think it was titanium.

Just thought I would let you all know in case anyone else is having troubles.

:saludando: :saludando: :saludando:

The last four sets of blades I bought had to be sharpened as well, as they all came fresh from the package...dull.

I didn't know about the servicing either! :new_shocked: I have never had a problem with my clippers themselves...there...you MADE me say it. Now the next time I go to use them, they will break...I jinxed myself...I know it.
default_rolleyes.gif
: :eek:

Oh, yes, having them serviced is good!

I have mine looked at at shows by Burroughs Electric since he's at almost every local show. So all summer long I haul my clippers with me and ask questions. He is more than happy to show me what's what and what I can do for myself.
default_smile.png

I hope now all your clipping woes are in the past!

Liz M.

Each year at nationals I have Tony from Pro Cut service and tune up our double K's and a couple of other clippers we have. I know he takes them completely apart, tunes everything up and puts them back together. He taught me how to change the lever, which I do several times a year. I also have him sharpen all our blades at the end of nationals and then everything gets packed away until the next spring and when I get them out they are ready to go.

On the back of the package of the Andis blades I just bought, it says they offer a guarentee, that if they are not satisfactory they will sharpen them one time for free. Just call the company.

Karen

On the back of the package of the Andis blades I just bought, it says they offer a guarentee, that if they are not satisfactory they will sharpen them one time for free. Just call the company.

I didn't know that Karen. thanks for that info. My favorite blades by the way....they hold an edge longer.

And Marty, I have my clippers (Double K) serviced at World every year by Ft Worth shaver...they are set up there. So I take both sets to the show and they give each set a once over while I'm using the other set. I figure I clip about 100 horses per year plus all the final clipping at shows. My clippers get hauled all over the place and used in dirty situations and sometimes on dirty horses so I figure they need a little TLC.

I hope yours work well now.

Charlotte

Oh yes.... I have mine serviced once if not twice a year. I still have my first set and they run and clip like new! I have my blades sharpened a couple times a year too.

Does anyone know what causes the blades to keep popping off? Between my daughter and I we have four different sets of clippers and the blades pop off two of them and work fine on the other two. On one of the "pop off one's" we changed the black lever, the black metal clip, and the silver clip and they still pop off. Any ideas?

Back