Finally able to post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little one. It is so hard when you've tried so hard to save them and of course with your little children loving them so much. God Bless and Peace to all of you.

So sorry, my thoughts are with you, your family and the mare.
no.gif

[SIZE=14pt]So sorry for you and especially your children. It is realy hard on them. one positive thing about our farm kids who at early ages learn about life and death because of the animals that breed , are born and die on our farms is that it is easier to explain these things that happen in human life to them when the need arrises.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Hi Tobey, So sorry about your little one....it's so hard after the long anticipated wait for the baby and then to lose it! We lost a baby mule last May to the same thing ....(she was such a little doll ) Just happens my grandchildren from California had just got here the day after her birth. My daughter ,who is 12, and my granddaughter, who is also 12, (go figure!) helped in the feeding every hour (even through the night hours) and caring for her and on day three she went down so fast....she died in my arms on the way to the vet as I was desperately seeking help!

The girls were just devistated (sp) . But they worked through it (somewhat) by making cards, drawing pics of little Maci, writing poems. One night the whole family was here and they passed around a card they had made and had everyone write parting thoughts and personal messages to Maci.
wub.gif

I still miss her ...in three days of night and day care I fell in love with her she was even braying softly as I would come into the barn the second and third day....and to have her die in my arms was both tramatic and special at the same time.

You and your children will be in my thoughts and prayers....

Linda and Carly McQ

Im so sorry! He is an angel!!! We have a little herd up there already( from over several years) that Im sure he is now playing with.

Oh no, I just read this thread now, I'm so sorry. It's so tough when this kind of things happen.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back