Finally a new foal for me...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
After being waxed up for EIGHT days, Nutmeg finally foaled at 7:30 this morning.

She did NOT sink in or look loosened up on her rear, though when I picked her tail up a week ago, it was like picking up a wet dishrag- nothing to it at all. Her belly did not V at all either, though the foal seemed to 'disappear' a few days ago.

Anyhow, no surprize that she had a chestnut colt with Appaloosa characteristics including mottling, striped hooves and white sclera. She and her dam were both born solid and colored later, so he probably will too. He is quite a large colt for an A sized horse, but if he is anything like his dam, he should have stupendous movement- she floats and has huge extention to her trot. Sire Renegade is not a shabby mover either.

I warned all you guys about using up the filly fairy, and sure enough! You better send her back this way as I have more due!!! I have not had but half a dozen fillies since 1996!

This little guy is quite alert and active, already trying to rear up and impress everything with his antics, but he doesnt have that good of control yet.. Pics soon - will have to get the neighbor to do them this evening as I have no scanner or photo program..

Nutmeg will be bred back to Grays Smoke Signal for an 09 foal.

Congrats and can't wait to see pics!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
And yep, agree about the filly fairy! You all better let her go so we all have a chance at some fillies! lol

Congrats on your little boy, hope to see pics soon.

[SIZE=12pt]Laurie, Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
healthy and Happy
default_biggrin.png
can't beat that
default_yes.gif
looking forward to your photos
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

Joy
default_saludando.gif

Wow, tried to post photos here like I usually do, and just kept getting an error about some 'dynamic' page could not be put here??!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new colt!!
default_aktion033.gif
Let me know when your next mare is due and I will see if I can bribe the filly fairy into making a quick trip to your place; She's been good to me so far!
default_smile.png
Hope you can figure out the pics, wanna see that colt!

I have his pics in my Village Photo page and keep trying to attach them here, but it is not letting me- still getting the same error message of 'dymanmic pages in the tags are not allowed. I saved these from my home computer just like I always do... ????

I have his pics in my Village Photo page and keep trying to attach them here, but it is not letting me- still getting the same error message of 'dymanmic pages in the tags are not allowed. I saved these from my home computer just like I always do... ????
Here you go Laurie, here's pics of your little cutie pie.

L%20Nutmegs08.jpg

L%20Nutmegs08colt.jpg

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Oh thanks Tommy and Dawn! Dont know what is up with my photo thing!!!

Should have a couple more foals SOON...

Your baby looks so sweet!!

Congrats!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thanks Tommy and Dawn! Dont know what is up with my photo thing!!!

Should have a couple more foals SOON...

Oh, he is beautiful!!
default_yes.gif
Ok, I'm directing the filly fairy your way, Laurie, since my next-due mare isn't acting all that close yet. Keep an eye out, and maybe put out some treats, lol! If anyone deserves a few fillies, it's you, after all those colt years!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back