Filly Year Here at Arabesque

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
It has been a great year here at Arabesque Acres.

All this year's foals are by TMM Destiny's Daily Double and I could not have been more please with what he has produced.

First arrival was a beautiful colt from Bear Farms Deva of The Isles, whom I sold to Freeland Nash back in September. He is a nice little boy. This little guy is a perlino--go figure, smokey black sabino dam and a buckskin sire. He may be Freeland's but I still claim him
default_wink.png

Second to arrive was from Arabesque Queen's Princess Royale, a nice black bay mare that I sold to a friend of mine and she had a very nice buckskin filly that may well be my futurity baby this year. Congratulations to Jennifer and Princess. This is Princess' first foal and she is a wonderful mom. This filly will carry Arabesque in her name.

Third to arrive was from my chestnut pinto mare, Arabesque Just A Little Bit Fancy and she delivered at 5:30 am, 10 May a bay pinto filly. She is a pretty little girl and is named Arabesque Doubles Just B4 Dawn. This is Double's first bay.

My fourth arrival was somewhat of a surprise. I've been watching Amber Oaks Par Te Doll for several weeks and Sunday evening noticed the FULL moon so thought Doll might foal--No so off th work I go. Come home and go out to the barn to turn off the heat lamp on some baby chicks I have as it was 96 degrees yesterday. Turned around and there standing next to Doll was a beautiful light buckskin foal. GEEZE Doll you could have waited for me to get home. It is another filly and I could not be more pleased. Now for a name for this little girl.

Number 5 should be along shortly and is an outside mare so hoping that the filly fairy continues to stay around.

I'm so very please with Double as he now has 21 foals on the ground (4th foal crop). 13 fillies/mare (8 solid/5 pinto) and 8 colts/stallions (1 pinto/7 solids) and 3 angel foals (all solid-2 buckskins/1 bay). They are all buckskin except for 6 (1 sorrel, 2 chestnut, 1 cremello, 1 perlino, and 1 bay).

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has new foals and my throughts and prayer to those who have had angels that crossed the bridge to greener pastures. For those still waiting for little bundles of joy to arrive I hope they all arrive safe and sound.

Cameras are off here and now I can go have fun with all the new babies here.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! Davie congratulations on a sucessful [SIZE=12pt]filly year!!!![/SIZE]
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Would love to see pictures when you can....

Gini

Congratulations Davie on a great season. I think we need to see some pictures of all these foals.

Here is my Perlino colt from Double, Songcatchers Under The Double Eagle (glad I took some new pictures this weekend):

IMG2547_547_042.jpg

Freeland

I was at the Ada show this weekend and I saw Double Eagle's 1/2 brother, Rocking M Doubles Buck N Dandy. He did exceptionally well last year winning top ten in the AMHR Futurity and then going on to win his Central Championship class and placing Top 5 at the World Show for Rocking M Farm and then they sold him at Nationals. They have another 1/2 brother that is now a 3 yr old, Rocking M Buck N Tuff that they are retaining and using on some of their mare's this year.

Dandy is all of 31" tall, a beautiful buckskin and he is one handsome boy. I had an opportunity to take with his owner, TJ Weathers and she is planning to geld him and make him her show gelding. He is just full of hormones (like your little boy) and she does not have enough mares to warrant keeping a stallion. I told her these boys come by the hormones from their sire as he was so full of himself and would not stand still in the show ring until I took him to Pat Elder last year--now he shows like a dream and drives as well.

She paid me a very good compliment to my program by saying when she was ready for another one she would just come get one I had and take it one.

Since this is a long weekend I'll try and get photos of the new girls and some new photos of several of the horses that need paperwork done and get them posted.

CONGRATULATIONS on you little man, someone will get a nice colt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back