Has anyone had this problem? My filly Silverbell's stifle pops in and out of her socket? The vet said that he wanted to do surgery if it didn't get better within six months. It seemed to get better over the winter with her running in the snow, but I'm relizing it is getting worse again. The guy we bought her from said it's common in minis, but that it wasn't hereditary in his line of minis. If it is hereditary than I don't want to breed her for fear that the foal would have it. If I did decide to breed her than I would be responsible for the surgery if the foal had it. The guy we got her from didn't even offer to help pay for the surgery if we went that route. He offered to buy her back which would have cost more than the surgery cost.