Filly Fairy was in Ontario

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskid

Reaction score
Just wanted to let those awaiting babies that they might want to sweet talk their mares to cross their legs
default_wink.png
to give the Filly Fairy time to get to their house as she was in Ontario this morning!! This was our first planned foal (our stud bred our mare) and was highly anticipated and of course overdue!! But from what I saw this morning...worth the wait
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
She needed a little help getting out but Mom and baby seem okay now. She has long legs and is already quite the talker! She is out of a dapple grey pinto stud and a dapple grey mare. I will post a picture later (I have to work today so I just got a few quick shots of her sprawled out that of course aren't that flattering to her but they're her baby pictures so she's beautiful to me
default_wub.png
). I wanted to share with someone who understands my excitement over the birth of a foal and won't look at me like I'm crazy!!

****edited to add picture.

She's actually our third foal born here, but the first that we used our stud and mare to produce!! Last year we had a surprise addition out of a mare that we unknowingly bought in foal, and then we had a colt in March out of another mare that we bought in foal last summer.

---> Colour question-with her dam and sire both being dappled grey, what are the chances that she'll turn grey too?

th_baby002-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, congratulations -- babies are always exciting-- especially if it is your first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Your first is always the most special and you definitely aren't crazy!
default_biggrin.png

I edited original post to add a picture of her taken last night, and also added a question about her colouring.

Latest posts

Back