Filly fairy visited the great white north

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
Last year my one and only bred mare waited until I went out for 1/2 hour (of course she didn't look like she was in a hurry when I left) and had her foal so I missed it. This year I swore that wouldn't happen and have been watching sooo carefully. LOL. Well guess what, I was up at 6 in the morning and checked this mare and she was more interested in whether I was packin' (treats) than in having a baby and when I got up an hour later to check again there she stood with a mostly dry filly at her side. This has now become a competition between me and my mares to see if they can sneak the foal out with out me catching them. Oh well, Lady won this round but I'm the real winner. Lovely healthy filly with the prettiest little dishy head. Solid bay no white anywhere. Dad is a 32" buckskin (may carry silver but not tested) from a palomino and a sorrel pinto and Mom is a 32" solid dark bay from solid parents. Haven't settled on a name yet but am considering Reignmakers Playing with Dynamite (Dina)Link:

LadysfillyApril62008014.jpg: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r40/lst...ril62008014.jpg

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser

http://flock.com

Not very good pictures since I was on my own and the light was bad but here she is.

Link:

LadysfillyApril62008010.jpg: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r40/lst...ril62008010.jpg

default_wub.png
congrats.

she is a doll.
default_yes.gif

Aw, she's a doll, congratulations!!!
default_aktion033.gif

. Dad is a 32" buckskin (may carry silver but not tested) from a palomino and a sorrel pinto
Congratulations on a healthy filly.

Just FYI, a Palomino and a Sorrel cannot produce a Buckskin. The Sorrel is most likely a Silver Bay. A Palomino and Silver Bay can produce Buckskin.
LOL Yup thats why I described the grandparents. It is always possible that my stallion is a extremely sooty pali rather than a buckskin at all. Only colour testing would tell for sure. I believe however that he is a silver buckskin and his sire was a sliver bay but that is just a guess. Link:

LadysfillyApril72008004.jpg: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r40/lst...ril72008004.jpg

Today her mom took her out side for the first time. She was shivering even in her blankie so to mom's disgust I put them back in the stall. 3 weeks from now when she was actually due it will be much warmer and by then this little one will be ready for the Preakness I'm sure lol Thanks every one for the compliments, we are quite pleased with her. I am trying to convince myself she will be for sale since I promised hubby I won't keep every one born here but.... Its very hard when they are brand new to imagine them sold.

Oh, the filly is so cute in that blanket, she looks like Little Red Riding Hood!
default_wub.png

Oh, the filly is so cute in that blanket, she looks like Little Red Riding Hood!
default_wub.png
Hahaha don't tell her its a dog blanket. I must have had a premonition because I picked it up on Friday on a whim. I had the choice of black blue and red and decided red was good. This is the sire's first foal and I have him slated for gelding so I'm pleased with his work. He's still slated for gelding tho lol. He has one more on the way in about 3 weeks and hopefully it will be as nice. I'm pretty sure to get a dilute there since Mom is a buckskin as well. Ok now watch her have a black and white pinto lol.

Congratulations on your healthy little girl,
default_aktion033.gif
shes a cutie.
default_yes.gif
Joyce

Thanks every one! I haven't bred alot of minis (in fact this is only the 3rd mini foal from my breeding) but I see each one as better than the last lol. I forget from year to year how small, how cute, how perfect they are . I never tire of looking at them and watching them discover their world. We have decided on calling her Reignmakers Playing with Dynamite (aka Dyna)
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back