Filly Fairy Visited Horseshue Stables!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
Well after reading the fourm all day at work today on how people were having there babies and getting suprises I began getting very anxious for our first mare to foal, knowing she had two more weeks to go, and checking her everyday she just didnt seem ready, so she was outside with all the mares today when I left for work. Coming home I always look in the pasture when I drive by from the road, and look for the mare Misty that was due to foal soon, well today I seen her standing next to our palomino mare and behind the palomino mare I thought I seen an extra set of legs, so sure enough I ran out to the pasture, and too a spurise I find a foal nursing from our palomino mare??? but how can that be she wasnt in foal, I had to double take!!! I looked at misty but from a distance she still looked very much in foal, so thoght well maybe the pal. mare was in foal but just hid it VERY well. So I ran out there and it was a little silver bay filly, and then checked out misty and she had lost that baby fat, so knew it was hers of course, although the pal. mare was taking care of the baby. So I was suprized by a very cute silver bay filly
default_wub.png
since mom was grey tover and sire was a chestnut tobiano, and the foal is solid, might have 1 blue eye! Filly is doing good along with mom, and thank god for the pal. mare that wasnt mean to the poor little girl who was confused with so many mares out there on which was her mommy. The baby must have been born for at least a few hours, she was good and strong and dry, and moving around great. So we got her and mom to the barn to stay for the night alone to unwind.
DSC064693.jpg

DSC064784.jpg

I'm so glad all went well!
default_smile.png
Congratulations on your baby girl!

Congrats on your pretty babygirl!! I;m glad it all worked out great!!

Would love for you to post more pics when you can...

Congratulations Kayla and Misty
default_aktion033.gif
Your story was quite cute and interesting
default_yes.gif
These minis really like to mess with our minds! So happy to hear the foal is healthy. We just had our first 08 foal ,too. I think you and I both need to get some outside pics . Outdoors really shows their true coloring. Congrats again
default_biggrin.png

Karin

Congratulations on your filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Glad it all came out okay. There are some mares that like to "steal" babies!! Makes it confusing for the baby!

She certainly is a little cutie and hope she's with her right Mommy.

Congratulations,

Joyce

Latest posts

Back