Filly Fairy paid a visit to me tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
This weekend is our big Horse Expo. (I have a stall there with a driving horse) The two mares that were due to foal at this time already foaled. I am watching two more, one at 331 days the other, was pasture bred, so I was not sure. The pasture bred mare all of the sudden got a bag over a few days, so last night I had her inside under the cameras and alarms.

This mare lost her palomino filly last year, when she foaled outside in a rain storm. She did not have a big bag, was not soft and squishy, or anything. Remembering that, I brought her inside last night because she had a failry large bag. She did nothing much all night long, but there was soft stools in her stall in the AM, but her tail was tight, her butt was tight, could not get any fluid out of her bag and her vulva was still more of a lighter pink. So I figued she was not going to go, ythat the soft stools, just may be her anxiety of being inside. So I went off to the Expo after 9:00.

I figure the bewitching hours are before 9:00 in the AM and after 5:00 at night. (Before Day light savings time was changed a few years ago, so I figured I should be home by 6:00). Oh, and I kept her in a stall for the day, along with my other one who is 331 days.

I got home at 6:20 (traffic). Went right to the barn, and both mares were just standing there, so I gave them their grain and hay, then went out to feed all of the other horses. First the mares and foals, then the ladies in waiting. Each time coming in and out of the barn. The mare was just eating away.

I go out back to feed the others. Maybe out of the barn for 10 minutes. Come back in to feed the show horses and to clean stalls and son of a gun, mom is laying down and pushing. Baby was already 1/2 out. I helped to get her all of the way out. Broke the sack and mom jumped up and went back to eating her hay.
default_new_shocked.gif

The filly is either a solid buckskin or a buckskin roan. I am guessing a buckskin roan, as the body seems lighter than the head and legs.

Dad is Windchaser and mom is a daughter of Komoko Little King Supreme. Mom is a red roan, Windchaser is a buckskin.

I will try and get pictures tomorow AM, but I do not have a lot of time before I have to be back up at the Expo, though I will not leave here till after 9:00,
default_wink.png
in case the other one wants to go. (wish she would go tonight so that I do not have to worry) I kind of think she might, as we are getting a thunderstorm. She is not eating her hay the way she usually does, her poops are not rabbit pellets, but a bit more stuck together, her bag is harder than it has been, the fluid coming out is thick and sticky and her vulva is red and hot.

I will let you all know tomorrow.

By the way, this is one that I want a colt by, a perlino colt to be exact. She is out of a Whittmaack Mickey Mouse daughter, a full sister to two AMHA World Grand Champions, a buckskin and she is in foal to Desperado,(my palomino stallion) who is giving me the most exquisit foals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

OK for you guys who wanted me to take a picture this AM before I go to the Expo, here it is. I am pretty sure she is going to be a buckskin Roan.

C.jpg

My other mare, well she cooled down again. Bag not as tight this AM, vulva not as hot. So, guess she is going to wait some more. Will have to be home early today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!! We would all appreciate pics BEFORE you go back to the expo-PLEASE!!!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations Sue!
default_birthday.gif
default_new_multi.gif
I can't wait to see al your new babies tomorrow. I hope Enchantress cooperates so that I can see her baby too!

Barb

Riverdance said:
By the way, this is one that I want a colt by, a perlino colt to be exact.
Just wait...now the filly fairy is going to decide to stick around!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_nono.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

Here's hoping Mama cooperates and that you get what you want!
default_pray.gif
I'm looking forward to pictures of the new arrivals.

Leia

Congrats on your filly! It sounds like your other mare will go SOON!
default_smile.png

Wow... what a curse
default_new_shocked.gif
Now you seem to have broke the "colt" curse... But each foal that you wanted a certain sex, came out the other! Really, terrible luck I tell you!
default_new_shocked.gif
Congrats on the filly anyways!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

default_crybaby.gif
WWWAAAAAA...I want one. my maiden mare is still holding on. We were suppose to go to western Kansas to meet some folks from Colorado to deliver my drivng gelding to them. I had to stay behind because SOMEONE :arg! was thrashing-butt rubbing-yawning-loose moo poo all thru the night and I am thinking it's time...it's time...
default_risa8.gif
but I think it was a dream from lack o' sleep cause she is eating hay this morning & smirking (my vet said horses don't do that) anyway I am happy that you had a filly and it is safe. Oh, and Please would you Fed X the fairy princess on to Kansas?
default_yes.gif

Congratulations, I have said it before, all of the board moderators should make pictures mandatory if you post a foal anouncement.
default_wink.png

I'll be looking forward to those photos.

Congratulations, I have said it before, all of the board moderators should make pictures mandatory if you post a foal anouncement.
default_wink.png
I'll be looking forward to those photos.

I agree, love to see pictures, but she was wet last night and they just do not look all that great wet. Too tired to wait till she was dry, so I squeezed it in this AM.

That is a grulla not a buckskin.
default_wink.png

Could mom be red-dun-roan? Or is dad dun and not creme?

She gorgeous congrats!

I agree, your pretty baby appears to be grulla or grulla roan from that photo!
default_smile.png
What a lovely, lovely girl.

Leia

Congrats, Sue! The filly fairy did a great job at your place!

She is a pretty girl!

Latest posts

Back