Filly Fairy Came today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
well the filly fairy blessed us today with our first ever mini foal! She is a bit over 3 weeks early, healthy and gorgeous! She came on her own sometime between 11:00 and 2:00 (apparently mare and foal had no problems). she had no real signs like bagging up. she's been a little softer in the hind end..but not enough to really get our attention. Vet said the placenta was perfect so nothing was retained. Moms being an excellent more (first foal) foal was up and walking and dried off before anyone noticed her. I wasn't around so i didn't get to see her untill tonight under the lights. I'm not really sure what color she is..i guess she's either Chestnut or a Red Dun. She had a pretty prominant red dorsal stripe under the lights. Her mother is a very very dark dun (dorsal and shoulder barring but looks like a dark bay). Her sire is a grey. She almost matched the color of the woodpellet sawdust... i'll have to wait till tomorrow to see her in daylight i guess!

Now the problem is.. We are stranded in Kentucky after our engine blew.. i was supposed to ship her home 2.5 weeks ago (figured that would be plenty of tiem before the foal was due) and have 3 other mini's here.. I only have a 4 horse mini trailer! LOL.. now how am i going to get five home?!?! lol. We are currently in the process of possibly buying a mini van anyhow..so maybe i can make a box stall for the mare and foal in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
congrats, great news
wub.gif
pics?

Congrats and so happy things went well!!! Good luck getting home!!!!! Sounds like some road trips Ive been on before. Nothing like limping into a country garage on a holiday with a trailer FULL of 9 mini horses, 2 huge stinky male goats and a Van full of show dogs.Those poor guys at the garage knew the only way to get rid our smelly, traveling zoo was to fix our van so they did as quickly as possible. In the meantime I think the whole town came by to see all the critters. I can laugh about it now!

Congrats and so happy things went well!!! Good luck getting home!!!!! Sounds like some road trips Ive been on before. Nothing like limping into a country garage on a holiday with a trailer FULL of 9 mini horses, 2 huge stinky male goats and a Van full of show dogs.Those poor guys at the garage knew the only way to get rid our smelly, traveling zoo was to fix our van so they did as quickly as possible. In the meantime I think the whole town came by to see all the critters. I can laugh about it now!

Congrats! We had our first 2 mini foals this year. Isn't it EXCITING? jennifer
saludando.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on your filly. Being your first ever is a real bonus
smile.gif

It is nice to know where the filly fairy is as she has time now to get to Ontario for my "filly" that is soon to arrive.

Congratulations on your new foal. Hope you get your transportation in order soon & get them home,. Good luck with the trip.

I would love to see a Picture!!!!!! I have been watch Hi HOs foals and they are all staying so very small and beautifully refined!!! they have been jsut georguos!!

Tammy

Hows he doing?

Congratulations!!! I remember very well how IMPORTANT that first foal is!!!! I couldn't think of Morningstar's birth for so long without tearing up (happy tears). Don't you forget to show us pictures!!!

Hey Hillary--CONGRATS!!!!! Glad everything went well, we have missed you here in Maine!!!

Gotta get a pictue posted so we can see the cute little filly!

I"ll try to get photo's for you all.. i don't have MY digital camera with me (heck i only packed 4 pairs of cloths thinking we'd only be away from home for 5 days...it's been a month!! lol). My friend is going out with me tonight to see her so i'm hoping she'll remember to take her digital and upload them for me tonight.

Tammy,

Silver is doing great really good little man. The foal is gorgeous.. really dishy head and nice conformation. Do you have any photo's of other Silver babies? I'd love to see photo's of last years foals now that they are older. I saw one of this year's advertised on the saleboard and contacted them for more photo's she's cute too.

I will see if I can get some soon...A friend of mine has 2 of them, my new email is [email protected] Email me with your email address as I dont have it any more. Our computer flopped awhile ago. That filly from this yr is georgous...If she sends me more pictures of her I will send the on to you.

Tammy

Hope you get home soon

Latest posts

Back