filly fairy again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
Well, our last awaited foal has arrived this morning at around 5 am. A lovely small sorrel filly -- out of our AJ Murrays Blue Daimond Buckeroo mare And our black & white Filipowicz Entertaing the Foulks stallion.

She is sorrel with a BIG white star - 34 white legs - white around her muzzle -- white under her belly..

I haven't checked her really close -- but i am wondering for those color experts -- is she a miniaml pinto-- do I register her solid or pinto-- have 2 fillies almost identical incolor & markings-- fo 2 different stallions (only one is much taller than the other).

SO -- finally we are done with the mare watch-- good job as gramps was getting pretty darn tired.

Edited to say -- 3 fillies and 2 colts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
Pics Please!

Congratulations Amelia! Are the white parts truly white or are they the creamy colour that sorrels have in those areas when they are born? Is the skin under them pink or dark? It sounds like you have a sorrel with a star. Either way congratulations on a successful season!

Well, our last awaited foal has arrived this morning at around 5 am. A lovely small sorrel filly -- out of our AJ Murrays Blue Daimond Buckeroo mare And our black & white Filipowicz Entertaing the Foulks stallion.

She is sorrel with a BIG white star - 34 white legs - white around her muzzle -- white under her belly..

I haven't checked her really close -- but i am wondering for those color experts -- is she a miniaml pinto-- do I register her solid or pinto-- have 2 fillies almost identical incolor & markings-- fo 2 different stallions (only one is much taller than the other).

SO -- finally we are done with the mare watch-- good job as gramps was getting pretty darn tired.

Edited to say -- 3 fillies and 2 colts.
If your filly has white, the size of a looney on her belly, yes PINTO

Noticeable markings on the body, not including the face or below the level of the elbows or stifle, jawbone markings are acceptable, and should be the size of a looney.

There are a few basic color requirements for a Pinto. In horses that are two years or older there should be at least 15 square inches of pink skin on the animal with white hair. For horses that are a year of age, there should be 8 inches and for weanlings, there should be 4 inches. The same color requirements hold true for ponies and for miniature horses, except for ponies the color requirements are half of that of a horse and for a miniature, it is 25% of that for a horse

Noticeable markings on the body, not including the face or below the level of the elbows or stifle, jawbone markings are acceptable, and should be the size of a looney.

Ok, I've never heard of a "looney" before, I just gotta know what it is, and how big it is! Pretty please?
default_smile.png

Ok, I've never heard of a "looney" before, I just gotta know what it is, and how big it is! Pretty please?
default_smile.png
Oh sorry here in ON, Canada we have the dollar called the looney which is about 1"

Cannot remember which registry but said Minis at birth should be 1"x1"

Congratulations on a great foaling season - sounds like a nice little filly - we need pictures
default_yes.gif
and now I have learned something new, now I know what a looney is-
default_aktion033.gif

(Oh sorry here in ON, Canada we have the dollar called the looney which is about 1"

Cannot remember which registry but said Minis at birth should be 1"x1"

Thanks everyone.

Well, the looney is our $1.00 piece of coin. It got its name because it has the picture of a loon on it.

We also have the Toonie-- a $2.00 coin -- it got its name from the fact of being a 2.00 denomination & to rythme with the loonie --

I don't have pics taken yet-- not really "great " with the camera thing -- but one of these days.

In all my curiousity about the Loonie I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back