Fillies dry and exploring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
cvday3.JPG

cvday3a.JPG

20.5" tall within 24 hours of birth

It is cold out, so they are still sort of scrunchy around the shoulders but having some time outside is what it's all about.

lfilly09a.JPG

lfilly09b.JPG

lfilly09c.JPG

18.5" (about ten hours post birth by the time the little jelly-toes came off and she stood up straight)

No nickname, yet...she is like her older sisters and runs around smacking her lips/gumming/chewing in submission...but she's quite spunky and full of fight. I think she's a true black, but right now has lots of silvery/creamy shading, brown inside her ears and a dun stripe down her back. No doubt she will be solid black when she sheds/clips this Spring.
default_smile.png

I can't wait until they begin to play together. For now both mothers are so protective that they just glare at each other and everyone who looks at babies...

Thanks for looking!

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz, little red is darling but OH MY!!!! Your black filly is something! So upheaded, uphill, I bet she will be able to MOVE! I wonder how tall she will get, I am betting she will be a tiny one. If I got one like that in a little taller model, I would be ecstatic! Congratulations!!!
default_wub.png

Amy, I am guessing she will be about 32" or so? Yes, her sire really trots...if you know Mittey Titian (he is at La Vista I believe) you know he can (the sire's a sonof his)!

Liz

Congratulations on your two darling fillies!
default_wub.png
The black filly sure came with a LOT of fur!
default_laugh.png

Yep, she's got feathers all over the place and took a long time to dry even with toweling...but I bet she'll be super cute under all of that when it comes off.

Thanks for looking!

Liz

They're so beautiful!!!!!!

Kari

Yep, I think my favorite color this year is BLACK!!
default_wub.png
Look at the way she's already dropping her butt down, lifting her forehand and scooting! Uwwww...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
And she's got such a greet name too. Love it!

Leia

Congrats on your girls! So happy for you

Kay

Absolutely beautiful, Liz, absolutely beautiful...congrats on your new little ones!
default_wub.png

Liz R.

They are dolls! Love the black ones leg to back ratio though! Nice.

They are so cute! What fun ahead of you (and us!) watching them playing and growing
default_wub.png

I love redheads!! I think the redhead should be named Lucy! You know lucille ball with the red curls just like your red babys tail!!!!

I love both your babies!!!!

Joyce

Wow, they're beautiful.
default_aktion033.gif

I forgot how cute they are when they are just born.

I'll see if Keith and Susanne want to go up with me for a filly fix on a day that works for you.

Daryl

Great minds think alike, Daryl --

They are absolutely beautiful, and I'd so love to meet them in person!

Congratulations, Liz!

Yep, come visit!
default_smile.png

They are still mostly wanting to avoid people (mom's choice, Cherry is worse than Lailah this way but getting better as they adjust to life on the outside).

Liz

Latest posts

Back