Few pics from the farm this weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
HEre is Castle

f279a1e7.jpg

Zeus....

f27989f1.jpg

Sandy.....

f2798974.jpg

Moe........Showeing what a male camel does while in rut.....

f2797423.jpg

Zeus again...

f274b42e.jpg

Sheba our comeing 13 year old Great Prynees. Looking good after a full body shave this spring.

f274df52.jpg

A zebra, dont ask me which one cause I dont know

f2747bf3.jpg

The poor starving minis waiting for there food.

f274e1f8.jpg

Tia

f27460ef.jpg

Marissa who is very very cammera shy

f2749861.jpg

Mitzy

f2745a85.jpg

f27459aa.jpg

That is so neat love the first guy with the horns and all those poor starving minis and the doggies so loveable. Nice.
biggrin.gif

What lovely creatures, one and all.
wub.gif
Lucky gal to have all them to appreciate. Mary

Great pics, Ashley! I am such an animal lover, I look at those pics and think, "Wow, I wonder what it would be like to have one of those?" LOL Tia is especially adorable. Is she a wallaby?

What no reindeer???????AUKKKKKK

Well I like the looks of everything there a lot except that dude with the horn job. I'd be quite scared he'd target my big arse.

Now what is that big pink balloon thingy that your camel in a rut has in his mouth?

Great pics!! I LOVE Tia!!!
wub.gif
Are wallabies nice? I'd love to have on hopping around. She looks so sweet, but I'm sure that's just her coverup.

Don't you have some Watusi cattle too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes wallabys are nice. Tia is very friendly, you can walk up to and pet her with out problems. She is used on exhibit alot and has been know to let kids reach through the fence and pet her kid if its sticking out.

Castle is a Watusii. SHe is also friendly. The only one I dont trust is buck who is the bull. I havent ever had one come after me. I have been hit on accident with those horns when trying to grain them.

Yep no reindeer Marty. THey are not so pretty this time of year. The bulls have no antlers and the cows are all starting to rub, so their antlers are a bloody mess of hanging velvet. Come winter is when you get good pics of them. Plus it was in the 90's yesterday and they were not comeing out of there huts.

The pink balloon thingy is a flap of skin under the tongue that they blow up.

The pink balloon thingy is a flap of skin under the tongue that they blow up.

No way!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

For real????????
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

I thought it was a little bally that you gave him to play with to keep his mind off of the girls.........
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

OH man, that is wild
yes.gif

That farm has got to be one of the neatest places to spend time!!! And it looks like Mitzy thinks so, too
grin.gif

Well, I'm with you, Marty. I thought it was a rubber ball or something too. That is weird!

Mitzy only thinks its neat because she is waiting for chance to break lose and go get a baby peacock or guinea to eat for dinner. SHe used to get to run lose out there until the babys started hatching, no more running for her. I know that is right were she would go. She even eyes up the adults and has chased them once but they can get away from her, the chicks couldnt.

Ashley --

Several years ago, Harvey was keeping an eye on the house of some elderly people he has helped out since he was a kid. He and I were at their house and we had Winston, our shih-tzu, with us. Harvey went upstairs to get a soda and Winston went with him. It took a long time for them to come back down stairs and when they did, Winston was absolutely beaming. He had the biggest laughing smiling dog face on he has ever worn.

Then Harvey says "Winston got the bird!". They had a parakeet, and it was walking on the kitchen floor and Winston ran over and grabbed it in his mouth!!! He did not bite down, thank God, and Harvey got it from him but Winston was so proud of himself. We waited around for hours scared the bird would die of shock but he was fine.

Since I don't have enough hobbies, I always talk for our pets, especially the dogs, and I am sure it gets on Harvey's nerves but it makes me laugh.

The night Winston grabbed that bird, "Winston" asked Harvey "If it dies, can I eat it?" and has ever since foundly remembered the day he caught a hawk with his bare mouth. Also, that night, he sang that commercial jingle "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight... chicken tonight..."

Jill
lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Those are some pretty cool and exotic animals! Very pretty
wub.gif
!

That is very neat!! It looks like they have a good set up there!

What is it like in the winter, does everyone do fine? Only curious because some of them are from warm climates!!

That would be funny being a kid living there and someone asking you "Do you have any animals? and if so What are they?!!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks for the pictures! Since I haven't had a vacation for a while and I always enjoy zoos, your pictures were almost a vacation for me! Fun to see! Lavonne

Yep they all do fine in the winter. The zebras have extra shelters out in the pastures as well as the barn should one get kicked out. Also in the barn in we drop plastic down around the zebra pens.

Some of the smaller exotics that are not pictured are in our "heated" room. (right now that is just a heat lamp but will be a actuall furnace) THe wallabys run runs in this room as well. THey need heat to keep there tails from freezeing off.

THe camels, horses, reindeer all do well in the winter. Zeus is a bit toucher but he has a pen he goes in with the camel and is extra bedding and he is fine. He spends most of the time in the barn unless it is sunny. The cattle also do fine with extra bedding in there shelters as well as extra hay.

Latest posts

Back