Feral Rescue in Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is progressing some. Lots of tail rubbing, swishing tail, biting at her sides, and kicking out behind. I will try to post some pictures this evening. Thanks for checking in on us.

georgia323.jpg

Her shape has changed tremendously during the last week. She is not wide, so assuming baby has gotten into position.

Yes sounds like you are on the home straight, best wishes for a safe foaling.

Watch for lots of rolling , her being uncomfortable , rubbing her backside on anything she can etc, these are some good signs she is nearing
default_smile.png

sounds like she's preogrssing normally. Prayers for a safe foaling and healthy happy little one soon for you.

Congratulations , glad all went well
default_smile.png

Hopefully as you bond with her little colt over time it will help her trust issues too, realizing us humans are not all that bad after all

Post some pics when you have a chance
default_smile.png

Big congratulations to you! Very happy to hear this. Have fun with the little guy, it's so much fun to watch them.

I have been eager to hear she has had her foal, so glad all went well. Such a cute name you gave him!

Aww, what a cute little fella. He looks so content and peaceful. Nice picture!

I am not much good with color, but I will take a guess (and it really is just a guess) Maybe silver dapple?

How is the mare doing?

Precious photo of a beautiful baby. Looks silver dapple to me, many of my silver foals looked like that at birth. Pay attention to his hooves as he grows, my silvers had stripes on them. (not like the ones on appaloosas)

Update on Georgia (mom): she has substantial blindness in both eyes. Her right side is much worse than her left. We will do more testing in a few days. It is so helpful to know why she acts the way she does. All of her quirks make sense now!

Makes a lot of sense , the way she is. Im sure as she recognizes your voices over time and they become familiar to her, you will gain her trust. The poor thing, no wonder she has been so frightened.

The good thing- She has found a home with you guys
default_smile.png

Sorry to hear about the mare. But now at least you have a reason as to why she is fearful. Can I ask how you discovered the vision loss? Is hear hearing OK?

Lucky girl to have found an understanding home.

How is that cute little baby?

Latest posts

Back