FEMA's Brown sent home.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he is the first scape goat. Is or was there anybody else in the U.S. with experience in handling a disaster of this magnitude ?? An area as big as Great Britain. I think there will be more to follow him. The Mayor and possibly the Governor as well as some mid level people. They probably all did their best but it was not good enough.

What a clever way of washing one's hands of the ugly stench of crony-ism...

... get Brownie out of the way without having to fire him and admit having appointed someone with almost no experience in emergency response.

(No, I'm not laying sole blame for this mishandled crisis on Washington -- the handling of this tragedy was a fiasco from top to bottom)

This is just the way things are handled in government and private industry as well. If something negative happens on your watch, regardless what the real story was, if you're in charge, you pay the price. Just the way the cookie crumbles unless you DO have someone to protect your butt when you're at the top. Obviously, this goes to show Brown didn't so so much for cronyism
rolleyes.gif

Well it is coming out now that he may have padded his resume' about his former experience to handle emergency's and he has a very checkered pass with that litigation with that other Arabian horse trainer..And that is all I will say about that.. Those that know will know what I mean about doing not so good things while at Arabian barns............enough said...So will that and his back ground of not knowing enough to handle a VERY important part now of FEMA since 9/11 Before 9/11 FEMA was not really that important but after that and with Home Land Security This FEMA has become a very important part of the Government after 9/11 like I said. So I agree with his bumped down in his roll..

Putting in that Coast Guard guy is brilliant I think, as the Coast Guard is a lot more familiar with this type of thing. I bet they really do a fabulous job. Hooray for the Coast Guard!

As for Brown, that is the sad thing about the blame game. Everyone starts pointing fingers and heads start to roll, even when it is not fair. Now, maybe it is fair in this case, but I would hope the whole idea would be to LEARN from mistakes and NOT TO REPEAT THEM. Unfortunately people seem to think once the guy has been dismissed or fired or "re-assigned", that that takes care of the whole thing. Then the same thing happens all over again.

I _HOPE_ that all concerned learned a very sharp lesson and will NOT repeat the mistakes that were made. It would be nice if firing this or that guy would fix the whole thing but it won't..... we have to apply the lesson.

Also, I am really afraid that what has happened so far is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of ramifications that have not yet hit us. This is going to haunt us (meaning the entire nation) for many years to come.

shminifancier said:
he has a very checkered pass with that litigation with that other Arabian horse trainer..And that is all I will say about that.. Those that know will know what I mean about doing not so good things while at Arabian barns............enough said...
464579[/snapback]

Where do you come up with this stuff???????
new_shocked.gif

There are so many darn rumors that get spread because of know it alls that know nothing. And you need to get over the Arab thing anyway as it has NOTHING to do with this.

Oh UGH......sometimes it's just not worth it.

As for the rest of it..........somebody's head had to roll First. (not that it didn't deserve to) And I bet there will be many that follow. The Blame Game...........it would have been anybody. It takes more than one person to turn this into the cluster that this has become.

I think he is the first scape goat. Is or was there anybody else in the U.S. with experience in handling a disaster of this magnitude ??
I agree............

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to people thinking he is a scapegoat and that he didnt deserve to leave, think back to the recent Rove debacle. At first Bush said he would fire anyone that divulged a CIA ops name, then said he would fire them only if it was illegal to divulge the name. Its obvious that Bush will stand up for someone when he thinks they warrant it, so maybe Brown didnt warrant it?

I pretty much dont think he was a scapegoat, I think he just was in way over his head. I also dont think that 'he' padded his resume, I think the spin Drs padded it for him. After all, dont they have people that check all the background stuff out?

I truly dont think he had very good management skills and was really lost at his job. But I also think that having FEMA under Homeland Security was a huge mistake.

There may not be anyone in the US with experience to cope with an event of this magnitude, BUT, there are those that are far more capable than Brown could ever even think of having been. Didnt anyone read his resume? What is there that makes them think he was experienced enough to even handle something less?

As of right now, his resume was almost totally made up. Surprise, surprise. I'm sure it was FEMA that did that, and I do feel a little bad for the guy, but getting him out of there is the best thing that can be done right now. Typical gov't- both Republican and Democrat-to hand out cushy jobs to friends. Its just a real shame when the ball gets dropped as it did.

Read Sunseri's post. She was THERE!! Everyone (not on this Forum, I am all for debate, but out there, where it is happening) needs to stop trying to point fingers and lay blame ( and avoid the blame coming to them) and GET ON WITH IT!! There is SO much to be done and so much time and effort being expended on hot air and the Political version of the Chicken Dance! It's like a huge game of "Pass the parcel" At this point in time, whilst people and animals are still in distress and starving in some places, WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHO WAS TO BLAME IT HAS HAPPENED!!!

Latest posts

Back