Felt Foal Kicking!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
Wow! I am just so excited I can't contain myself! every evening I pester Missy at feeding time and thought it would be November before I felt anything even though the test popped up an immediate YES! But it is day 158 exactly from our one oopsy breeding and that little precious kicked like a mule! I kept feeling because I thought it might be Missy moving, but no, it was a definite foal kick lol!

We just got back from Idaho buying alfalfa/orchard hay especially for Missy since our grass hay mix has fescue in it and she is slowly getting on it fulltime for winter. My husband has been insisting for three months now that he knows she is in foal because she got her "tude back lol. She sure did, she is a prina donna again and I don't mind.

Now for the fear to set in and buy a thick foal blanket. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
Your excitement is obvious in your words. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that new life is there growing. The anticipation should both make winter fly by and drag along. ;)

That is soooo exciting!!! Can you share pics of your little lady, and maybe the sire?
default_smile.png

I really need to get updated pictures of Missy, thanks for asking. Had no idea when, so we spent March thru June watching. She foaled June 24th and Jewel was very fat and big. I couldn't file her hooves until she foaled because she would get sore.

from disc all pics 645.jpg

from disc all pics 477.jpg

And Masq my avatar. I have to laugh, my vet loves Masq and said it was doubtful Missy would be in foal from just one breeding.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0034.JPG

I had to laugh, we clipped him again, and he was begging for mints. I have never shown at halter so he must have been taught the stretch. He got his mint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back