feeling a little unwelcomed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this subject needs to be over. I appreciate all the comments made from all sides of this argument, but feel that name-calling and accusations are best left off this site. I feel that we can all learn a valuable lesson from this - the internet is open to all sorts of scams, betrayals, trolls, etc.... but we are all entitled to our own opinions. If, indeed, the pictures were changed by someone, other than the original poster, then I ask that whomever that may be to please stop - this site has offered me the opportunity to meet and learn from many other people from around the world.
I agree and sure hope no one can change our pictures etc. Maybe MaryLou can answer that question. or one of the mods.

Do not like reading all this at any time but just before Christmas is Sad so maybe this can be closed and start an new topic with angelspeeper posting her new stallion.

Welcome to the forum
default_new_shocked.gif
nice horse. Where did you get him?
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck???? I just looked and the pictures are different again!!! for 12 posts the correct picture was up. Then for 7 posts it was wrong...fixed it thinking I had goofed. 17 posts of drama later, (with the correct picture) and now the pictures changed again. what gives?

Are you posting pictures that you uploaded to something like photobucket, or linking from the breeders website/facebook, etc? If linking from someone elses source, maybe they are redoing their website and moving pictures around, causing the links to correspond to different pictures? I know what I mean, but am probably as clear as mud.

I agree and sure hope no one can change our pictures etc. Maybe MaryLou can answer that question. or one of the mods.

Do not like reading all this at any time but just before Christmas is Sad so maybe this can be closed and start an new topic with angelspeeper posting her new stallion.

Anyone who uses a LINK to pictures on a website they do not own or control is at risk of their pictures "changing." If you wish to post pictures of a horse, but you do not own the website they are on, please copy those pics to your own harddrive, which you do control, and then upload them from there. I can post a pic on my website and call it abc.jpg and post a link to it here. I can then go back and replace that pic with another one, but still call it abc.jpg and guess what??? You will now see the second picture even though I would have done nothing to modify my post containing those links. I'm not saying that is what happened here, but that is one way that such a thing could easily happen...with no malicious intent.

Beautiful colt, btw. But please do not jump on Tremor...if you had been here longer you would know she had earned her colors, so to speak. She is much more computer savvy than many on this board and her looking out for the better of the group is appreciated.

I hadn't paid much attention to this thread because I thought the tone of the title was off-putting; however now looking back through it I can clearly see what happened with the pictures. The link you initally used, for both pics, was incorrect. You later fixed it, but by that time the incorrect one had been copied by a couple of folks in their "reply" to the thread. In the meantime, the owner of the link (read website) has changed the photos around, causing them to look different again in the "reply" posts.

Nobody should be concerned that anyone is able to change their posts, etc. If the OP had used the correct links to begin with, or preferably uploaded their own version, this never would have happened.

The board is safe. No funny business can go on with anyone's account or posts.

Are you posting pictures that you uploaded to something like photobucket, or linking from the breeders website/facebook, etc? If linking from someone elses source, maybe they are redoing their website and moving pictures around, causing the links to correspond to different pictures? I know what I mean, but am probably as clear as mud.

actually...crystal clear. because that is what I did. I used pictures on the breeders website. (after obtaining permission of course) I couldn't get them to upload from my hard drive for some reason. Don't I feel foolish!

Anyone who uses a LINK to pictures on a website they do not own or control is at risk of their pictures "changing." If you wish to post pictures of a horse, but you do not own the website they are on, please copy those pics to your own harddrive, which you do control, and then upload them from there. I can post a pic on my website and call it abc.jpg and post a link to it here. I can then go back and replace that pic with another one, but still call it abc.jpg and guess what??? You will now see the second picture even though I would have done nothing to modify my post containing those links. I'm not saying that is what happened here, but that is one way that such a thing could easily happen...with no malicious intent.

Pretty sure that's what happened. Because I did use the breeder's website (with permission). For some reason I couldn't get them to upload from my hard drive. This was the first time I had tried to post pictures here and it failed miserably! Good thing I'm better with the horses than this computer.
default_wacko.png

Beautiful colt, btw. But please do not jump on Tremor...if you had been here longer you would know she had earned her colors, so to speak. She is much more computer savvy than many on this board and her looking out for the better of the group is appreciated.
Thank you...I think he is fabulous! (but we will have to see what to show ring judges think) If you take a look you will see that I'm not a new member. Been here awhile...I'm just a "lurker" rather than a "poster". It was Tremors post that alerted me that something wasn't right. But before I could get it fixed, I was being attacked...accused of "trolling and lying". I felt the need to defend myself. It was a honest mistake, not any of what I was being accused of.

He is a gorgeous colt, you bought from some great folks who can give you the right start in showing and grooming. Allison is a great groom and you can learn a lot from her.

You are also in a tough area to compete in so keep that in mind when judging the quality of your colt as a stallion prospect and let Mike guide you in your decision to geld or not.

Stars Miniatures has the most gorgeous minis !!
default_wub.png
You were lucky to be able to snag him, I don't own a stallion but they would be one of the first places I would look.

Glad you got the problems with your post straightened out- your colt is really nice! I bet you are excited about getting him! Merry Xmas to you, LOL!

I can't tell if something shady is up or it was some kind of honest mistak (???).

This is not the place for the faint of heart. There is a large scope of experience and knowledge on this forum. There are many very nice and helpful, smart, educated people. That said, there are many people who are down right condescending, rude, and sometimes hurtful. There are plenty who think they know plenty but you cringe when you read their posts. And I would also say that this can be a very cliquey place. You sometimes have to weed through all of this to get to the good stuff. BUT, it is a public forum, so it comes with the territory. I would not take things personally, and remember that you can't always read people through text, so what may sound offensive could be quite innocent.

This is not the place for the faint of heart. There is a large scope of experience and knowledge on this forum. There are many very nice and helpful, smart, educated people. That said, there are many people who are down right condescending, rude, and sometimes hurtful. There are plenty who think they know plenty but you cringe when you read their posts. And I would also say that this can be a very cliquey place. You sometimes have to weed through all of this to get to the good stuff. BUT, it is a public forum, so it comes with the territory. I would not take things personally, and remember that you can't always read people through text, so what may sound offensive could be quite innocent.
AGREE!

By the way, Welcome from Michigan!

Cute boy and congrats!

Im one who dont get involved with drama threads no more. Just sit back and watch cause if I open my big mouth, all i do is throw gas on the flames and usally put my foot in my mouth. lol So I just post when I feel like it. Dont take it personal. I had in the past and in the end, it was really no big deal. Cause who I thought hurt my feelings in one post, was super helpful an another. So right there I learned to not take anything personal. Stay here and I promise, this fourm is a great place to be!

Perfect Matt, Thank you.

Statement retracted. Guess I was just surprised at how upset she got started blaming people here for the pictures changing.

It is indeed a very nice looking horse. And I welcome anglespeeper to the forum.

If you go to Stars website, you will see that this horse is indeed sold, and to someone named Tammy in TX. The original poster IS from TX. Everyone makes mistakes - and many are not experts on computers and photo posting (myself included!)

How about we just welcome her to the forum and congratulate her on the purchase of a lovely horse from a fantastic, well respected farm.

Congratulations, really nice colt. I've always liked the Gator babies. Sorry you've had a mixup here on the forum, most here are good people & very helpful...but as someone said, it's a public forum and some of this comes with the territory. Hang in there.
default_smile.png

Hope to see you out there showing next year, please come introduce yourself if you see us.

Jan

Welcome and congrats, a friend of mine bought a sister of his earlier this year.

As far as the forum goes, occasionally someone gets hazed--I know I did--but it was a partly due to my own naivete. Some threads are like the worst episode of TMZ and others are more valuable than if you were in a room full of experts. I have found that when I really needed information and help--dummy baby, foaling problems, broken leg--this place was the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back