feeding Red C to a foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
I've got a little foal who is quite tiny, should mature around 29 inches at maturity going by his cannon bone measurement. He is down in the pasterns since birth, it is slowly starting to improve but not alot. I seen other's posts and they seemed to seem awesome improvement in days or weeks. My little guy is almost 4 weeks old and still his pasterns are only about 1/2 inch off the ground and he will still rock back on his fetlocks occasionally. I'd read aobut using Rejuvenaid, but can't get it here in NOva Scotia so I picked up somehting that sounds like it has most of the stuff that rejuvenaid has. It has Vitamins A, D E and B and selenium. The directions are:

1 ml = 1.065 grams

Horses in Training: 60 ml of Red C® daily.

Horses not in Training: 30 ml of Red C® daily.

Feed Red C® by mixing into daily feed ration.

So is it done by weight, because my little guy might be 1/50th of the size of a regular horse. I dont want to overdo it.

I would not be giving my foals anything like that.

Square off his toe with a rasp once a week. Then rasp across and vertically.

Expose him to free choice minerals, a salt block and mineral block and lots of running room. He'll pop up on those tendons within a month, maybe sooner.

Latest posts

Back