Feedback on Ozark Minitack DVDs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Since Ozark is having a sale (yay!), and there are some grooming DVDs on sale also, I am thinking about getting them. If you own or have seen these, please let me know your thoughts. The ones I am considering are Cindy Coffman's A Clean Start (bathe your horse), Clipping for Show, and Show Day Prep and Makeup. I have been showing for quite a while now, but I am always on the lookout for tips on this topic. I feel I am in no way an expert on grooming for halter, in particular. Do you think this would be a worthwhile investment for someone like myself? I am especially interested in getting information about clipping my horses more effectively! As far as the batheing video, I think, a bath is a bath, is a bath, right? But maybe not?

Thanks for any input!

Amy

JMS, did you feel you learned new info from each of the DVDs? How about the bathing one? I think that is the one I am most waffley about, but maybe I won't get the whole picture if I don't order the full set?

I found all DVDs helpful. I learned new things, better ways in doing things, I think the bathing one was good, she shows how to bathe a horse thats been showing all year and one thats just been out in the pasture, and the one show horse was a dark horse and the other was a pinto. I think the one thing I would have liked to see is how to clip and show prep a horse's head that has a lot of white on it. I may not do exactly the same way as Cindy does but her tips has helped me improve my own way of bathing and show prep. I think in priority the bathing DVD would be last on my list but still liked watching it. Once your done with it and think you don't need to save it you can always try and sell it off Ebay.

I also wasn't going to get the bathing one - I thought "I've been giving horses baths for 35 years! I know how to do this!" But that was one of the BEST! The bathing tips were fantastic. Definately I would recommend the whole set. All are excellent.

Since Ozark is having a sale (yay!), and there are some grooming DVDs on sale also, I am thinking about getting them. If you own or have seen these, please let me know your thoughts. The ones I am considering are Cindy Coffman's A Clean Start (bathe your horse), Clipping for Show, and Show Day Prep and Makeup. I have been showing for quite a while now, but I am always on the lookout for tips on this topic. I feel I am in no way an expert on grooming for halter, in particular. Do you think this would be a worthwhile investment for someone like myself? I am especially interested in getting information about clipping my horses more effectively! As far as the batheing video, I think, a bath is a bath, is a bath, right? But maybe not?

Thanks for any input!

Amy
I have the Clipping for Show very informative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the training and showing your mini at halter.

have only watched the first half of disc 1 have learned some new things already, excited to watch the rest of disc 1 and disc 2

I have not seen the videos, but was there when they were being filmed. I learned a lot! My fav was the clipping session. Excellent tips about things I didn't even know about. It doesn't go into sculpting very much, but I would think it's a great video to watch and learn from.

Thanks everyone, I bought the whole set yesterday.
default_smile.png
Little Lady, sorry, I did before I saw your post!

Appreciate the feedback, you all (enablers! LOL) gave me the info I need to know that I would definitely learn something. If I learn one thing that helps me save time, my back (!), or present my horses better, it will be worth it!

Have a back saving tip that isn't on the video, buy one of those mechanic's stools on wheels, and use it when clipping, especially on the smaller minis! MUCH easier on the back than standing!

Thanks everyone, I bought the whole set yesterday.
default_smile.png
Little Lady, sorry, I did before I saw your post!

Appreciate the feedback, you all (enablers! LOL) gave me the info I need to know that I would definitely learn something. If I learn one thing that helps me save time, my back (!), or present my horses better, it will be worth it!
No problem! Just tryin to help you out. You will enjoy them!
default_yes.gif

I've shown for years and I'm pretty good, but I'm not a "pro" and agree, I always like "new ideas"... But I also worry about hearing the "same old". I wish it wasn't so expensive, that or I had a much better paying job!
default_laugh.png

Im with desiree, wish they were cheaper. Ive been showing for a while, and worry that it will cover things I already know.

Will gladly dish out money to learn some new tips, just dont want to buy them and not learn anything with them (had that issue with a different series of mini dvd's I bought years ago)

I've learned quite a bit off of Ozark's DVDs. I've watched older DVDs in the past and but it doesn't go as in depth as these do. I think I've bought them all except the dental one, I probably should but I have no intentions on doing my own horses teeth. The hoof trimming one was awesome, I'm not at all handy with tools so instead I'm now using the farrier Denise thats on the DVD in the flesh to do mine lol.

Besides if you don't find them useful you can resell them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of getting the halter training one, the hoof one and the dentistry one. ANy reviews on them?? I wish there was a place to see little clips of them.

Angie

Loved the hoof trimming one, I'm not going to trim myself but I'm going to be using the farrier Denise Capps who is on the DVD to do my minis so she is very good at what she does. The halter training one is good for those who are wanting to get started, I learned a few tips, the denistry one I haven't watched but I'm sure its just as good its probably very informitive even if you aren't doing the horses teeth yourself.

Latest posts

Back