"Feed Time"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
The past several days when I have gone out to feed, I get an "extra" diner at the line of feed stations, so today I thought I'd be prepared and take my camera, but the horses were out at the back of the field when I was feeding, so they lined up differently than they normally do(backwards, basically), and the one filly ended up chasing the "extra" guy away! Managed to get this one snapped before it was totally too late.

feedtime2.jpg

I LOVE your horses..such pretty colors too..think the "Cremello" don't belong!!
wink.gif

I have the same problem, cute at first now it is a real problem. I have two large dogs that will actually run the horses of their feed. So I have to stand gaurd.

Looks like the sorrel pinto is trying to chase that winter ready palomino away.
biggrin.gif
Such a pretty bunch.
wub.gif
Mary

Cute picture. I have to put out extra feed too! Love the way they all stand in a row.
wub.gif

Mona,

I am looking at this picture and thinking - "What a neat picture!! Your horses all look so content - each minding their own business and not trying to steal each others food!" and then I saw the "cremello" dog! How cute is that!!!

That picture looks like it should be put in some kind of advertisement, contest, or something! It is just too cute for words!!!!

qtrrae said:
Mona,I am looking at this picture and thinking - "What a neat picture!! Your horses all look so content - each minding their own business and not trying to steal each others food!" and then I saw the "cremello" dog! How cute is that!!!

That picture looks like it should be put in some kind of advertisement, contest, or something! It is just too cute for words!!!!

466608[/snapback]

Haha, samething happened to me too!
biggrin.gif
Maybe my teacher is right about me not being "observant (sp?) enough"
rolleyes.gif

CUTE picture!
wub.gif
wub.gif

Oh My,, that is too cute!! I love all your pinto horses, looks like you have a rainbow of colors in your pasture!!

LOVE IT
aktion033.gif
What I want to know Mona......how does your Pyrenees stay that WHITE, even in the mud????????????? I don't even see any mud on her paws!
ohmy.gif

Our Pyr...Panda...is never clean when it's wet. He loves to lay right out in the rain & mud. Of course, when it dries, it falls right out of his hair...but don't think that boy will ever see "white" again.
no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona said:
LOVE IT 
aktion033.gif
    What I want to know Mona......how does your Pyrenees stay that WHITE, even in the mud?????????????  I don't even see any mud on her paws!
ohmy.gif

Our Pyr...Panda...is never clean when it's wet.  He loves to lay right out in the rain & mud.  Of course, when it dries, it falls right out of his hair...but don't think that boy will ever see "white" again.
no.gif

466628[/snapback]

Yes, amazingly enough, he manages to keep himself very clean. I was REALLY worried about that before we got him, just thinking what a WHITE long haired dog would look like around here, but he has sure surprised me, and has managed to stay quite clean.

I try to get him brushed once or twice a week, just to try and prevent any matts, but he sure keeps white...not sure how, because he sleeps outside, and yes, lays on the ground, in the rain and all. I went and bought him a nice big plastic dog house to get him out of the weather, and the little brat won't even use it!!
rolleyes.gif

He's recently(about a month now) learned that he has a voice, and barks a lot at night. At first I thought it was at nothging, but now think he actually hears or sees things, and he has proven it. He was only 8 months old when he went after a good sized (black)bear right in our yard one night! That was a brave bear...the dog was about 30' behind him and barking like mad, and we were screaming at the bear trying to get him to run away, and he never broke into a run once! Just kept on walking! The bears are bad this year, due to poor food conditions in the bush(woods), so are becoming real pests this year, comng into towns, and there have even been reports of people mauled and killed by them this year. Just within the last week or two, there was a Miniature Horse and a couple other farm animals on the same farm, killed by a bear. Pretty scary, so was glad that we decided to get the dog. Makes me wonder how many bears have visited in the past that we never knew about!!

Even though "Bear"(the name of the dog) was brave enough to go after the bear that night, he was also so scared, he left a "package" on the steps for me...I discovered it by stepping in it with my bare feet when I went out onto the deck to holler at the bear!
wacko.gif

Cute pic... but OMG MONA! What fabulous colors!!!! I need! I WANT!!!!!!

What a wonderful pic!!! LOL look at that little face next to him with the ears pinned...is that the one that ran him off?

Oh gosh your bear situation is so scarey!!! We had them around last year...and I'm sure there will be sightings this year now that fall is coming around and they'll be rummaging for food.
sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cute picture, everyone looks so orderly.

Jan

I just love your pics Mona but that shaggy cremello is too cute.

he was also so scared, he left a "package" on the steps for me...I discovered it by stepping in it with my bare feet when I went out onto the deck to holler at the bear! 
I gotta admit, if I saw a bear in my yard, I'd leave the same kind of package.
wink.gif

Very cute picture. How long did it take you to get the horses to line up in such an orderly fashion?

Latest posts

Back