"Feed Time"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AppyLover2 said:
Very cute picture.  How long did it take you to get the horses to line up in such an orderly fashion?
466808[/snapback]

Only as long as it took me to fill their feed dishes. They do this daily at feed time.
yes.gif

That is just TOO precious! Glad you thought to bring your camera.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Polly

Mona,

That is a BRILLIANT picture!!!!!

I love all your color in your herd!

What a good boy that Bear!, your bear I mean!
laugh.gif

How did you train your horses to form such an orderly line.

My mares came together, three of them and no matter what I do they all eat out of the same grain bucket. I try spacing it out, directing them etc. I cannot bring each one in to a stall to feed or tie them because there are days that would not work! Don't want to start something I can't always do!

I want one of each of your lineup!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, that is great!!!!!

Thats a great picture, I just love your minis and that Bear is just to cool!
smile.gif

He's got his winter woolies on!!!! This is too funny!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What a cute picture! I don't blame Bear for leaving you a present...but not much fun to step in. Sounds like he is bonding well with the herd and will be a good protector for them!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone...glad you all have enjoyed the pic.
wub.gif

capall beag...they just all line up there, as they know if they dilly dally around, they will be chased off. They all stand and get right down to their grain. There used to be the regular "shuffle" of one chasing another off, but they soon reallize if they spend all their time being witchy and chasing others around, they lose out on their meal, because someone of a higher rank will come along and chase them off!
wink.gif
I always have an extra place or two set out so no one goes without if they do get chased off.

sedeh...no, I really can't blame him for dropping that little gift for me either...I know it sure would have scared the crap out of me too!
biggrin.gif
Yes, he really is bonding well with them. I had my dounts at first, but he spends more and more time right out laying amongst them and just watching them during the day. I used to go for a walk every day and take him will be(on leash), and he seemed to spend all his day at the house, worried he would be left behind. I stopped going for my walkes, and stopped taking him, so not he seems to have accepted he isn't missing out on anything anymore, so has once again "joined the herd", and spend much more time out there with them, then waiting at the door for me all the time, and that makes me so happy to see him just laying out there in the field watching them.
wub.gif

I love the horses. We have two little dogs that think they can run off wolves. However, when they realize that they are out of the light or safety of the house, they come back a yelping.

The only scary thing we had was a panther in the field with the horses. My stallion and husband ran him off. It was very scary the dogs helped when my husband went out, but they stayed and backed from the porch.

Latest posts

Back