Feed Through Fly Control

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace67

Reaction score
Anyone use the feed through fly controls for their minis? Does it work well and is it safe?

I have a gelding who battles summer sores each year for the past few years and am fastidious in my fly control, manure management and worming protocols but I've read some articles that suggest products like Solitude and Simplify may work better to control fly populations.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, hate seeing my little guy miserable each summer :-(

Thanks Sunrise Valley sounds like it might work well for my fly issues, we don't seem to have many gnats this year thankfully.

Do you use the Simplifly year round or just during fly season and just mix in with their pelleted feed? Is it a smaller dose than for a full sized horse? Can you use this along with things like fly predators and other fly eradication sprays and traps?

The simplify has different markings on the little cup it come with for different weight groups I believe you can use it with other method of fly control I put 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar with the mother in my guys feed it works for the flys but it does not seam to work that well with the really big horse flys at least not as well as with the flys

Used it one year and had a mare that was allergic so stopped. Personally there are other options then feeding chemicals into them

Back