feed recall

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Has this been discussed on here previously?

FDA

The recalls on this list are primarily Class I.

Class I recall: a situation in which there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to a violative product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death.

Pet: Horse

Trade Name: Purina Strategy

Fiscal Year: 2010

Lot: Product 1 - 0MAR24NST1A1, 0MAR24NST2A1. Product 2 - 0MAR24NST2A1.

Product Distributed Quantity: 1560 units

Product Description: PURINA STRATEGY - PROFESSIONAL FORMULA GX (F) NS - , FOR HORSES AT MAINTENANCE, STALLIONS, BREEDING MARES, FOALS AND PERFORMANCE HORSES. NET WT 50 LBS

Best Before Date:

Recall Initiation Date: April 16, 2010

Recall Completed Date:

I was looking for dog food recalls when I came accross this. Perhaps it has been discussed before and I missed it.

Charlotte

If the recall was April 2010, isn't it kind of late now? Being that it was 7 months ago.
default_unsure.png

I feed Strategy and haven't had any problems with it. The problem could have been from a mill in a different area of the country from where my Strategy comes from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely remember a topic about this.......And it was limited to a specific mill.

Since it all happened back in April, you can bet there isn't anything to worry about by now.
default_smile.png

Gee, April? I assume this would be the old "white bags" then and not the new pink ones?

I appreciate the information in any case since I feed Strategy.

Beth

Mom was going to Tractor Supply today, so I asked her to pick up a few bags of Strategy. They were out so she asked the sales person and they said there was a recall and a new shipment would be there in a few days. I tried to look up the lots recalled to check my current bags but wasn't able to find any recalls other then the one in this post. I thought someone may have more info.

Way old news. This has been taken care of and is not longer an issue, thank goodness.
default_biggrin.png

I called Tractor Supply to try to get details. Two out of three stores I called knew about the recall. I dont' know if it is an official recall or what but they said the batch of grain in question is dated Oct 12-15. I'm going to the barn now to check my bag's date.

Latest posts

Back