feed prices?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I can get a round bale of tifton 44, assuming it is in stock for about $70 to $80. Alfalfa cubes bought at feed store is up to $15 something for a 50 lb bag. I was thinking about starting and having them on Equine Adult and Junior as I was trying to find something that worked with keeping them looking good. But with the Adult being almost $16 and the Junior being almost $19 it wasn't what I wanted as far as getting whatI can for my dollar. After being on it for 2 weeks they lost weight. Switched my one mare who has to have just a complete ration with limited hay due to severe underbite back onto Triple Crown Complete, which is what I was feeding before it got hard to get. In just a week and half with the switching and getting onto the same amount of the TC as she was getting the E. Adult she has started to feel out more and look good. The other crew is going to be put on Strategy soon but at the moment are still adjusting to getting the Free choice Tifton round bale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back