Fed up with applying for employment

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Are you all as fed up as I am with applying for employment online all the time? This last was the real last straw! It seems as if a lot of the local jobs are listed on the craigslist site. Well-this time it was a scammer!
default_thumbdown.gif
(I gotta go back and see if the jobs still up and report it). I applied for a job that was looking for a receptionist for a kennel, boarding, veterinary facility. Well, there are lots of them in this area. It sounded/read ligit; so I replied through the craiglist 'reply to this post' button. Did it on our 'junk mail' address. I got a reply today and BOY! Well, HE is interested interviewing with me. I sound like a good candidate. HE is in FRANCE at the time, but will be back in the states SOON!
default_frusty.gif
Right! I deleted the ad with the 'report spam' button. Maybe I should have left it up for my husband to read first. I hope it's still in the trash or spam section. I think I will stick to only replying to ads that list who they are (familair business name) or apply in persons where I know the business or ligit sights like 'Pennys' or 'Macys'. Gosh-it's sick out there!
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

No, I personally am not, but I have seen my corporate unemployment insurance rate SKYROCKET since 2009. Go figure... and no, I have not let any staff go but it's a reflection of the high unemployment rate -- which is well over the "quoted" 8..6% rate once you factor in the unfortunate folks who have been unemployed so long the no longer "count" when it comes to the reported numbers
default_thumbdown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Employers / wanna be employees... I'm guessing it's some unattractive situations that lead either to turn to Craigslist.

Actually, in this area Craig's List IS a bonafide place for employers and job seekers to go. Businesses all over Puget Sound will have notices up on Craig's List - both big ones and small ones. Maybe they find it useful as a sort of preliminary screening tool - but I know of several people who found excellent, high paying jobs through Craig's List.

Maybe it is a local thing as to how effective or viable it is?

Craigslist is widely used by very reputable businesses in the greater PDX area too Tag. My brother just hired an $80k a year employee from a CL ad. this past week and had over 300 highly qualified college educated applicants reply. It's a widely accepted and used employment tool for today's businesses.

Maybe it is a PNW thing, then. I just checked the Jobs section now and there are a lot of high paying tech jobs etc. posted there...

It's widely used by in-the-know businesses and those looking for employment these days ML. You reach a far larger audience than online employment sites or newspapers and it's easy for people looking to move to check a different city's CL.

I'm sure, just like in other venues there can be those who abuse it but it's generally accepted as the site where job ads are placed in today's marketplace by most professional personnel seekers
default_smile.png

I've actually hired people. I think it may be a situation that varies by region and profession, but I don't plan to find my next office employee or representative through Craigs List.

Maybe more importantly, I'm sorry the OP is finding it frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes me too. I have a job, but a crappy one so looking to improve. Its hard to get anywhere. more then qualified for the job but can't even pull an interview.

My upset is that I got nailed by a scammer!
default_torch.gif
He wanted a "resume", so he got my name, address, and phone number! The (well-you know!).
default_torch.gif
Hardly any employer's use paper app's now-everything seems to be 'apply online'. If it doesn't list exactly who they are and/or have a phone number-forget, I won't bite anymore! I need a job; but I don't need to lose everything we have! (and I hope this wasn't something that can go any farther!)
default_thud.gif

Latest posts

Back