Favorite Turnout sheets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkipsMom

Reaction score
I have to clip one of my mini's early this year and would like to know who's turnout sheets you like, the ones can handle the wear and tear a tough room mate puts on one?? I'm in good shape Turn out blanket wise but need to secure a sheet for rainy/windy spring days when it too warm for a blanket.

In advance, thanks!

Hi from North Carolina, Leslie! It's fun to get on the Forum and see friends who visited our Serenity Acres while we were in Leavenworth, KS.

Turn-out sheets? Didn't use them so no help here LOL

Take care! Sandy Martin

"Horses in Black" are the best ones I could find for mini's. However they are almost always back logged and there is some quality issues,,ie like not putting the leg straps on. So if you order keep on them.

Haven't found a single brand made mini size that has matched their toughness.

Added: They are also by far the most waterproof. Used and tested in the Pacific NW!

Haven't had one yet break down,, two of the HIB I have had for 5 years now......Both are still very much waterproof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schneiders has a really good lightweight sheet, but you will need to order the leg straps seperately. They are the toughest for my houdini's to get out of. You can order them online also at www.sstack.com

Many thanks for the leads on turnout sheets. I have a "SS" catalog here in the house and I'll hunt down HIB online. It m-u-s-t be a tough to remove sheet because the stinking room mate mini, Pippin, always gets the "no name" blanket off of Sam.
default_wink.png
: Like today, Sam's blanket was crumpled up in a corner of the pen, Pippin's fancy Kensington blanket was exactly where I left it, on his body.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Triple L all the way in my opinion.......................LOVE THEM................never have had problems with them.

Definately the ones I sell.

I will not sell anything that I don't test drive first on my horses for a long time and believe you me, I have test driven a lot of them for durablilty. By far mine are nice. They stay in place so that I can turn the horses out with them, they can have a roll and they will not move around due to their wide belly band. They also have a nice tail covering too just in case you get a tail rubber.

Here is a recent testimonial from a lady that swears her horse destroys every sheet that she has bought for him:

i recieved the sheet today

i have it on my mare already

it is really well made and amazingly sturdy

it fits tippy perfectly and looks like it will stay on and hold up to her

i'm very impressed and i definately want more

Here's Timmy styling his:

Timmyinblueblanket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty- are your sheets/blankets water resistant or water proof? They look terrific in the photos.

We use different brands...

What we like the most are HIB and Club Dry (both waterproof and stay on perfectly, even with the Houdini's...).
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back