Favorite time/place to read?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I try to read when ever/where ever I can. But I mostly read in the morning before I go to work (at the kitchen table), right after work (on the couch), and before bed (either on or in bed). On a good day, i might be able to read for several hours, other days, maybe only one or two.

My favorite time to read is of a winter evening snuggled with my blankie, shih tzu and reading material!

My favorite time is on the boat basking in the sun while the hubby fishes...I fish too but just for a little while, read, fish alittle, read, have a cocktail, read. I don't really read at home...but I do read at work on my breaks.

I used to read on the bus to work, but mainly I read before bed. Only problem, if I really get into the book I have been known to pull an all nightser. LOL

My favorite time to read is before I go to bed (every night -- cuts into my TV time, though!) and on weekends, if I'm lucky enough, before a hoped for nap
default_biggrin.png
I also "read" on my way to and from the office. All my pleasure reading for a few years now is unabridged audio books
default_yes.gif

My favorite indulgence is when I wake up early on the weekend or a day off and can stay in bed and read for an hour or so, I don't do it very often. Usually the fact that the critters are waiting for me gets me out of bed when I sleep in.

Other than that I read a lot at work with the kids are off playing or in the afternoon when they're at school, I read at home whenever I can fit it in, often a little in the evenings or read while eating dinner.

I listen to audiobooks in the car, when I'm working in the barn or cleaning the house, and at night to go to sleep. Audio books help feed my reading habit when I don't have time to sit down and read.

I used to have a job that was swing shift, which meant that I had a four hour lunch break. But because this job was an hour from my town, I used to go outside, sit in my car, and read the entire time. It was great except I'd get half way through my story and have to stop to go back to work. Lol. Sometimes I'd ride the bus to and from my job instead of driving. In the morning, it was crowded on the bus, so reading helped me avoid conversations with strangers. On the way home, it was dark and quiet with hardly any bus riders. I'd use my little book light and read comfortably until it was time to get off. Books really are the best company.
default_smile.png

Since I always have a book with me, I read everywhere and anywhere that has decent light, but my absolute favorite place is on the beach propped up against a log with the ocean as background music.

I read in bed mostly... unless something's got me riveted, then it spreads out to (almost) all day too!

I like to read in the evening -- after I put my son to bed but before I go to bed... But I have been known to get really into a book and realize I have read way past my own bedtime also -- haha
default_smile.png
I also like to read on weekends when he is napping.. And in the winter I love to snuggled up with a blanket and read..

Lunchtime. I have a book (actually, I have a BOX OF BOOKS!) under my desk in my cubby. I read at lunch for my hour, and sometimes when I come back, too. It's really slow right now....

I also like to read on cold weekends when I'm stuck in the house. Snuggle up in my chair with snacks and drinks and I;m set for hours!

My very favorite time to read is when I'm riding in the truck on my way to a show or sale. With hubby driving I like to read a good book and take my mind off of the road and traffic, it also helps to pass the time.

In bed, in the evening, and/or right before I go to bed... it's sort of a ritual with me.

Latest posts

Back