Favorite Songs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorningMist

Reaction score
Give us a couple of your favorite songs!
default_yes.gif
What's the title, who is it by, and why do you like it?

I'll go first:

Currently right now it is Drops of Jupiter by Train. I like the song mostly because of the piano and stings incorporated in it, and the story that it tells about a lady going out in the world and trying to discover herself.

A close second would be Build Me Up, Buttercup! Right Charlene?
default_biggrin.png
The cover I like of that song is by The Foundations and I like the song because it's just so cheery and happy that you have to sing it with a smile.
default_smile.png

default_aktion033.gif
Good thread! Since I grew up with some of the best music IMHO there was such a large amount of different groups playing in the house all at once. There were 6 of us kids all with a little different taste. I love hearing the 70's and 80's music and will never get enough.

My first, and all time favorite, would be Lights by Journey. I just love this song and have some special memories with it.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"Into the Night" by Santana.

Don't know why I like it, I just can't get enough of it!!

Also, "Everytime we Touch" by Cascada. Its the best song ever and the song that started my love of this artist!

Follow You, Follow Me by Genesis** I love to ride my horse round and round in the arena to this song!!!!!!!!!

You're My Home by Billy Joel**I love this one because as long as my family is together, that's my home.
default_yes.gif

The most stick in your head song of all time:

Ice Ice Baby

by

Robert Matthew Van Winkle

default_pinocchio.gif
Thanks, Mike
fool.gif

This is a song that keeps me from enjoying "Under Pressure" too loud for "fear" people passing will THINK it's Vanilla Ice
default_biggrin.png

And now it's in my head :DOH!

(Will it ever stop yo I don't know ...)

---

Another song in my head lately from recently watching a documentary about Joe Strummer is "White Man in Hammersmith Palais", but that I like...

The most stick in your head song of all time:

Ice Ice Baby

by

Robert Matthew Van Winkle

default_pinocchio.gif
Thanks, Mike
fool.gif

This is a song that keeps me from enjoying "Under Pressure" too loud for "fear" people passing will THINK it's Vanilla Ice
default_biggrin.png

And now it's in my head :DOH!

(Will it ever stop yo I don't know ...)

---

Another song in my head lately from recently watching a documentary about Joe Strummer is "White Man in Hammersmith Palais", but that I like...
Oh Jill! Will you ever cease to make me laugh? LOL. I love Under Pressure! It was on an HGTV commercial for Flip That House and they're ripping this house apart and you can see all of the damage and flooding in the basement. But I laughed when I heard the song tied in. Plus we gave my mom one of those singing cards for Mother's Day and it had that song and something about mothers lacking sleep. But hey, my mom and I are just peachy with our 3 AM to 10 AM time to rest.
default_biggrin.png
Is that Davie Bowie covering Queen? And Pocket Full of Sunshine's pretty good. But I really liked Unwritten better.
default_yes.gif

Hm.

Lately it's been:

beatlesholdyourhand1_sm.jpg

"I Wanna Hold Your Hand"

(I was given this last Sunday when it was accidentally dented, and ever since that day, I have heard the song on the radio or in stores even though I do not personally possess the song in any format other than this, which I cannot play (it is an original Parlophone 45)!)

Kinda funny...

Laughing about Under Pressure b/c my son and father drove across country listening to that one song almost exclusively...they are both sick of it, now.

I love "No Sugar Tonight" by The Guess Who quite a bit, too.

Liz

Paint It Black by i think the rolling stones ...from Guitar Hero
default_wacko.png

Then for "regular" songs ..

I really like allot of the country songs more by the guys, i do not care for the lady singers in country. My faverite song at the moment though is All Summer Long by Kid Rock
default_yes.gif

strass Posted Today, 01:12 PM The most stick in your head song of all time:

Ice Ice Baby
Which can be heard being played at every high school dance across the country
default_biggrin.png

breakout

miley cyrus!

sexy can i

rayj

pocketful of sunshine

natasha beddingfeild

last name

carrie underwood

burnin up

♥jonasbrothers♥

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. Just brings me back to my Pony Club/High School/Care-Free days.

A new one out by Coldplay right now is Viva la Vida (also the name of the album). Love a song with strings in it.

The song I have stuck in my head right now is..

Sugarland - "All I Wanna Do" known on the radio here and in my house as the "woo-woo" song. :DOH! If you have heard it, you know why it is called that.. if you havent heard it look up the lyrics and you will see why. I go around the house/barn singing that over and over and over and over again.. as do my 2 daughters.

Since we named the new mini baby Delilah, the song I get stuck is "Hey there Delilah, what's it like in NY City......

Which can be heard being played at every high school dance across the country
default_biggrin.png
You can't be serious.

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. Just brings me back to my Pony Club/High School/Care-Free days.
Excellent choice.

A couple of newer songs that keep sticking in my head are:

Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman

And

Inside the Fire by Disturbed

my favorites are

1. Soulja Boy.

2. Shut up and drive.

3. Cyclone

4. Rockstar.

I love hiphop stuff.

and there is another one but it's by Puddle Of Mudd and it's the one she f...... hates me.I think that one is kinda funny.

QUOTE(Leeana @ Jul 23 2008, 11:25 PM) Which can be heard being played at every high school dance across the country

You can't be serious.
She is, in fact, very serious.
default_yes.gif
default_wacko.png
And right too!

I have the RENT soundtrack songs in my head quite a bit...right now, it is 'Living in America'

And 'Runaway' sung by Gary Allen...I have no idea who sang it orginally...

default_aktion033.gif

All Summer Long- Kid Rock

Hating Hollywood- Theory of a Deadman

Ever Ever After- Carrie Underwood

Gotta Find You- Joe Jonas

Where the Blacktop Ends- Keith Urban

No Reins- Rascal Flatts

I Dare You- Shinedown

Blue Jeans and Devils Daughter- Silvertide

Wildfire-Michael Murphy----cry everytime I hear it!

There's a whole lot of songs i LOVE not sure which is my favorite.. i'm big on classic rock ....but the one that is always stuck in my head lately (not so sure i even like it..) is that song "I kissed a girl"... LOL it's very snappy and rather annoying (hence the reason it's probably always stuck in my head)....

Latest posts

Back