Favorite joint supplement?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

Molly has been on Corta-Flex powder for over 5 years. She is getting stiff in the back end this year and I am wondering if there is something better we could move her on or anything that could be given in addition to her Corta-Flex?

I know part of the reason is lately shes been giving her Corta-Flex to her son because she has decided she doesn't like it anymore! But I am feeding it as a separate snack in the afternoon so she can't give it away
default_rolleyes.gif

I am ordering Yucca powder but wondering what everyone here likes/uses or if you have a suggestion to anything in addition you Corta-Flex and Yucca?

I use the Corta-flx pellets, much easier to get my guy to eat them, they seem to work well to keep him comfortable, but he's 25 years old and semi-retired, so doesn't have to compensate for work. I just recently heard about Corta-Flx RX; its a stronger formula than regular Corta-Flx, I checked it out in my Heartland Vet catalog.

Cosquin Optimized. It works great. That is what my vet recommended. A few other horses at the barn are at it too. I really had helped Drew.

Christy

My choice is Activex.

I wonder though if equine chiropractic would help. Maybe she is out of alignment?

Hi,

I am pretty happy with Smart Pak's joint supplement for matience horses. Also a good one to try (but expensive) is platinum performance. Thats a great joint supplement.

Amanda

I use Next Level Joint because it's a liquid and I can top dress their feed and they can't "not eat it" I've been using it for years. I've also used the Next Level pellets, but I like the liquid better because I can get a more reliable small dose for Minis.

Latest posts

Back