Farmers/Breeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the horses I have been most happy with and have been doing the best for us came from Thomas Graham. I purchased some mares from Jackie Tyler back in the Spring. One of my favorite mares (for personal reasons, she is my love..) came from Ronaele at Alpha Farm here in Ohio.

Most of our horses I have selected here or there based on what I wanted and what they could do for me (the horses).

Our first two came from Longview Acres in Harvard, IL who are no longer breeding.

We have from 3 from Twin Creeks Miniatures in Durand, IL who are now retiring and selling out. OOPS! I take that back; 5 from them -we just purchased a team from them who are Tiny Hooves miniatures bred and were owned, trained and shown by Donis Boone for many years.

My Mother has her mini here and he came from Kickin' Back Miniatures in Winnebago, IL.

We have also owned minis from the former Zefran Farm.

Wiltz Family Minis

Lilliput Acres

Crystal Ridge

Susan Stuart (Texas)

Alamos Miniatures

T's Miniatures

Waconda Valley Miniatures

Hope I did not forget anyone!!!

Our oldest we purchased in Kansas from a breeder/judge/farm going out of business but he is Martin's Mr Chips Leo from Okla. originally.

Our Shetland is from Brush Creek farm in Illinois.

Our other two minis from Royal Oak Farm in Florida.

I am sure I will miss some as I dont know where all of them came from as some were just awesome finds at sales.

Little King Farm--we got a COH, a couple LKF, and a Fallen Ash Scouts horse from the LKF and sales---IN

Arion - 3 horses--KY

Coventry Lane--2 horses--PA

Maple Hollow Farm---I have bought a lot from my parents
default_rolleyes.gif
plus we have kept a lot of our foals---IA

Kaycee Miniature Horses----IA

Ramakers

Cherokee Rose---2 purchased but she also raised another one I have---MN

Dusty Lane--AR

PALS--MO

LA Blues--NE

GMR--IA

Timberview--IA

Lakeview--IA

I think that is the main list, hope I didnt forget any important ones
default_laugh.png

Interesting thread.

Our first mini was bout from an individual but he was bred from Cornerstone Farm in Ontario Canada, although don't think are breeding any longer.

Our next two are from Bartkewich Miniatures (JEM prefix)in Manitoba, Canada including our 2x Top Ten National Gelding Over JEM Duke It Out and our Canadian All Star winning mare JEM Break N Pattern.

The last but certainly not least was bought from Country Lane Miniature in MAnitoba, Canada is our gelding Claybury Framed By Reign, bred by Claybury's Training Centre in Minnesota.

We've bought from far too many to list here, but I'll list a few, with approximate locations:

Mountain High-- Jean Kenneth, now deceased, had some GORGEOUS horses, she was in the northwest US

Cherokee Rose-- got our beloved Jandt's stallion from her, Wisconsin or Minnestoa, forget which

Mountain Meadows-- we purchased the first-ever-bred-to-Prince mare before she was bred to him from Stacy, and got the first-ever-born Prince foal (a filly), Pacific Northwest

Critter Creek-- got three from them, all appys, Florida

NJ Farm-- stunning (and winning!) ponies and ASPC/AMHR horses there, Nebraska

Erica's Tiny Trotters --- Big City buckskin appy son, Arkansas

COH-- beautiful mare from their dispersal auction

ROKO --- several gorgeous horses, I keep going back for more, lol! , Oklahoma

Reece Family--- my most recent addition, a double dilute Little Kings Supreme Son, Delaware

Most of my minis are from unknown or little known breeders, but I also have one from each of Little King, Triple K and Lucky Hart (I also have a Lucky Hart bred mare purchased from someone else).

Most of my minis are from unknown or little known breeders, but I also have one from each of Little King, Triple K and Lucky Hart (I also have a Lucky Hart bred mare purchased from someone else).

Triple K, Conder Miniatures, Limestone Miniatures, Little King Farm, Ten L Training, Jones Mini-Whinnies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope I don't forget anyone, may have to edit later;

Most of our brood mares from:

Reece Family Miniatures, lots of Boones buckaroo breeding, and Blue Boy, Del.

Our herd stallion, Lucky Four Farms, I think NC

Wee Equine Acres, all show horses, not sure but think NC

Sweetwater: My Champion produceing mare

Also a Champion producing mare, and not sure of the state think it is West Virgina, but she is my favorite and now retired. Stump Hollows Cinder: Produce of Mare Champion.

Dell Tera: My heart horse that would show her heart out, and was featured on the front page of our local newspaper was bought from J.C Williams, gone but not forgotten> Still have two of his.

The rest are home grown.

Hill Training Center: Danielle Hill of RFM.

Here are the Farms I highly Recommend. (Will Probably have to Add More Later
default_laugh.png
)

Cattail Cottage Miniatures (UT)

Magic Mist Miniatures (UT)

ROKO Miniatures (OK)

Old Stage Miniatures (WI)

Oak Park Miniatures (WI)

Zephyr Woods Farm (WI)

San Juan Miniatures (CO)

Double Tree Miniatures (? I can't Rememeber Location)

Ravenloft Miniatures (CA)

The List Goes On and On and On

My very first mini was bred by Al Zehrer here in Minnesota and purchased from Henry Stoltz here in Minnesota.

My AMHR stallion is from Grassmere in Kentucky. I also have Grassmere mares and a Star Struck mare from Texas. The rest of the ASPC/AMHR herd are ones I have bred and hardshipped.

Here are some of mine.....In the 30 years I have had minis, I may miss a few...lol. I purchased several from each of the the farms below.

Reh's-WI...no longer breeding

Lucky Four-NC

Little King- IN

Arion-KY

Sami Lil Horse Ranch- CA

Huffs-IL...no longer breeding

Oh yeah, Limestone too

I am sure I am missing a lot.......lol

And my boy that just arrived today is from Indian Peaks in CO.

I have gotten my minis from many different breeders:

Cove View Miniatures, New Brusnwick, Canada - no longer has minis

Shauneys Shetlands And Miniatures, Ontario, Canada - no longer has horses

Sarabeau Stables, Ontario, Canada

Risque Stables, Ontario, Canada

Meadowwind Miniatures, Manitoba, Canada

BBS MIniatures, Quebec, Canada

Timberyork Farms, Ontario, Canada - no longer has minis

Lanesfield Farms, Ontario, Canada - no longer has minis

Cross Country Farms, Arkansas, USA

Haras Mykytyn, Ontario, Canada

Fineline Horses, Ontario, Canada

Brenda McArthur, Ontario, Canada

Bella-paloosa miniatures, Quebec, Canada

Vaughan Miniatures, Ontario, Canada - no longer has minis

Over the years I have gotten horses from small breeders, but occasionally more well-known farms.

-C-Spots Miniatures (MA)

-Six Gems (PA)

-SH Miniatures (OR)

-Starchief(AZ)

-Galloping G (PA)

-Erica's Tiny Trotters

-Critter Creek-CCMF (FL)

-Romandaro (PA)

In the past and recently I have purchased from:

LA Blues Minis, Lonnie Athey, Lincoln, NE

Tibbs Miniature Horses, Tim Tibbs, SD

Wiltz Family Minis, Virgil Wiltz, KS

WJP Minis, Wanda Putz, Crete, NE

Kickapoo Acres, OH

We are to a point that we have retained and show many of our home raised horses.

Gina

T's Miniature Horses

Clatonia, NE

Latest posts

Back