Farm & Ranch Insurance... who do you use?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Going round and round - again - with insurance companies. Even looking at farm & ranch policies, they want to deny us because of "all those horses". Gee, it IS a farm... Have been through Farm Bureau and Germania, currently looking for an alternative. Any suggestions? Anyone use Markel?

Jan

I now use a company called Westfield out of OHIO Had them for only a few months when we had a severe storm come through and blew off the roof on the back part of my house.Friday night 6 PM in early March and I called them.Got a REAL live person who had adjuster call me within the hour.He called repair company and they were there on the roof by 7PM to batten it down until daylight.Next morning SATURDAY he was there with crew to assess the damage and do temporary repairs until roofer came on Monday at 5 PM after his other jobs.Several days later roofer gave me an estimate and said he would have to do whole roof since it was all connected to damaged part(almost flat rolled roofing).He ordered materials and did job while I was on my Bucket list trip to New Zealand and Australia.I only had to pay deductible and got a whole new roof.It used to leak around fireplace chimney and now it doesn't.No more buckets in the hearth when it rains.Great insurance company and great roofer.I have my barns, house, a rental house and vehicles insured with them. They are called Westfield Insurance and ad says service excellence backed by 165 years of experience.Located in Westfield,OHIO 44251 Great company as far as I'm concerned.I had Farm Family for years and they stopped doing business in my area.Hope you find something that works for you

We also use Farm Family for our farm, with a care custody and control program and also on our house

you have to join farm bureau with them. We have never had a claim (knock on wood)

But they cover all we need

Latest posts

Back