Farm insurance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
We got our bill for homeowners insurance the other day. It is now approximately 4 times what it was 7 years ago when we built the house. So we started shopping around. Gary about fell over when the Farm Bureau said they couldn't insure us because we have hooved animals. Another insurance agent said they would have to write a totally separate liability policy for all horse related stuff and the homeowners policy would not cover sinkholes or any water related damage. Keep in mind we are a horse farm in Florida. So my questions is OTHER FLORIDA HORSE FARMS WHAT DO YOU DO? Are you just carrying regular homeowners and praying that you have no horse related liabilities, floods or sink holes? Do you have "farm insurance"? If so where did you get it. This is crazy.
default_wacko.png

I am from Ohio and just bumping you back up but OMG! We added insurance through our home owners and it was very reasonable. Good luck in finding some that is reasonable.

Fran

I too feel your pain!! Its ridiculous isn't it!! We have our homeowners policy with one Company and yes our rates just went up again too by leaps and bounds. I personally would like to know what happened to all the money we all paid in premiums all the years we didn't have hurricanes. These increases are a farce imo. My Mom was talking with an adjuster with the company we have our homowners insurance with and have for more than 20 yrs now and they are cancelling people who filed claims after Faye came thru. How nice!! Our deductible is now out of reach. We had to do that just to be able to afford the premiums. We had a lightening hit to the house a couple of months ago and had major damages. Not enough to justify filing a claim though. Its really scary.

We then have our business and vehicles with another company and our horses life and liability insurance with another company.

Because of all of this insurance we do not have health insurance. We're self employed and finding living in Fl way too expensive for us the past few years.

My heart goes out to all of you in Texas who are about to get slammed again, this time by insurance rates.

Latest posts

Back