false pregnet horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
I adopted a 20 yr old Paso mare.She has had a few foals. And the last owner who had her for yrs.Says she cycles just fine every yr.I was told she is a easy keeper and can fat easy. Well I feed her just abit of oats and beetpulp. Well she is huge and belly is lop sided.Today I touched her tits.And they getting full. And she has milk viens. Well I put pressure on a tit and fluid came out. I have emailed the last owner.But I guess due to her recent breakup hasn`t responed.So likely did not get my email yet.She does have a stud.Do you think it is a falsy?Should I just go ahead and up her grain abite more.? Thanks for any impout.

I guess I would be more inclined to think she was really bred than think it was a false pregnancy. . .

Have your vet come and check her. That way you will know for sure if she is or not.

There was another post on here I believe about false pregnancy and how it can be dangerous for a mare. I would have her checked ASAP.

Okey I will do a search on here.And check with the vet.She has not had a foal in 3 yrs.And the last owner has not tried to breed her either.She still comes in heat fine I was told.I just know from experence.Accidents can happen.

I'm interested to hear how this comes out!!!

Would you be happy if she is pregnant? It could be a really happy and exciting surprise
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back