false pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy moly pepperhill..what a story....I would be thrilled to go out and find a foal ......well, I don't know how she would be considered malnutritioned...her feed is 7 % fat..14 % protein amino acids/yeast cultures, vitamins all that good stuff plus high starch/fiber...you can't find a rib or a backbone...in fact she has dimples on her butt and fat pads on her shoulders.(.hey, sounds like me.. )
ohmy.gif
...and she is on continuous wormer...plus Ivermectin fall and spring. I am sorry if I sound defensive..we have rescued and rehabilatated horses (large breed) from walking bones condition on up and know, somewhat body conditions and please I hope noone takes offense at what I say or write...I am taking in all who respond and trying to figure out a plan for Bay B.....and its reassuuring to know others have had mares do this. I will have my Vet look at her when she comes out this month and will post what she says and advises.

I would like to add that this would have been her 5th foal, ( all her babys have been tiny little things) and she did not start looking 'ready to foal' untill around July..before that she was pretty normal..round but not hanging like a dropped mare starts to look ...Vet gave me a May-July baby so that is when I upted her feed in preperation for this baby...around the end of July.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back