FALL CLEANING anyone else doing it?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
My house is a wreck. I did it. I'm cleaning out every nook and cranny and what a mess I have now. I have everything pulled out of cabinets and closets and now I am sorry I even started this! All my dishes and pots and pans are on the counter tops and tables as I am straightening out the cabinets too.

Jerry just got home and was trying to sleep.

First mess I made was here in the backroom where my little office space is opposite the utilityroom.

I decided to move the washer and dryer so I could clean behind it and as I pulled it out, I didn't realize that I pulled out the hose for the washer. Enter Michael at 9:00 PM tonite washing a pair of jeans and low and behold Jerry is screaming that we have a flood. OOPPSIE! He goes to the garage and has to come back with the shop vac and says there's about ten gallons of water all over the place. ummmm Sorry!

Next I pulled out the big freezer to clean behind that thing, when I hear Jerry hollar and say "......and leave the freezer alone" OOPSIE again! As I moved it out, I gouged a great big old hole right in the middle of the brand new vinal he just put down in July back there. So here's me with scotch tape on my hands and knees like he's not going to ever notice.

BUSTED! I look up and he's standing over top of me.........
wacko.gif
Guess I looked like the cat that ate the canary.

Last but not least, I was moving a fully loaded 4 drawer file cabinet to clean behind that one too. As I tilted it up against me, I dropped it. Big mess. Big dents.

Another hole in stupid lousy vinal.
ohmy.gif

He's not sayng a word .
no.gif

But I"m like real talkative!
yes.gif

I said it sure looks like it's time for the harwood floors now!
biggrin.gif

Next week.......I PAINT!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Nobody's grinning here............OOPSIE!

We put down (well because of my knees at the time contracted to put down) really pretty top of the line, super best quality, guaranteed for life, never wax, none better quality wise, pretty vinyl flooring in our kitchen when we put this house up. In less than a year it looked like the cheapest junk ever sold. It had marks, it had gouges, it was discolored. it was to the point where my wife would not let strangers into our kitchen she was so embarrassed. We contacted the dealer who sold and installed and after coming out to look at it were told that "Since we had dogs the warranty was void" WRONG ANSWER, they knew we had dogs when they installed it. I will not go into the details but when we got the settlement we installed a hardwood floor in the kitchen (like I wanted in the first place). As for Fall cleaning, We were a bit slow off the line with the spring cleaning this year because of my knee operation. We will get around to it and call it getting ready for the holidays later in the fall.

Hey Vic, I sold the stuff.

This is out of our flooring store that we used to own. It's Tarkette, top of the line, the whole nine yards. I used to talk customers out of buying it and go to something else instead for this same reason. Jerry put it down because we had so much of it in our garage. Our kitchen is ten times worse. I glue it back together on a monthly basis. It's got burns all over it from me and my cooking issues. It's just plain crap.

I've also got top of the line berber carpet in the living room by Mohawk. It doesn't get any better quality than that. But it got nasty too and I am litterally tearing it out with my bare hands after I paint.

I've also got a garage load of ceramic tile and hardwood.

Why?

Because the mans' too busy building some old lady a barn to be worried about the flooring around here.
new_shocked.gif

You mean you are SUPPOSED to house clean !?

Nothing happens to my floors but that is because they are sub floors yet. You can bet the farm that as soon as I get good floors all heck will break loose. Maybe you can give me some ideas, what to use for flooring? We have 5 English Setters, a cat, two kids (older models), live in the woods on a trout stream and of course have the minis. My biggest concern other than the obvious wear factor, is a surface that the older dogs can keep their footing on.

Not doing much in the way of fall cleaning around here.

I am attempting to get the basement cleaned out (was hubby's job, but after four years, I figure he's not going to touch it), and that is about all we can manage w/the two little ones always underfoot. Have to do what I can in that dept. while they nap, as I don't want them down there.

Happy cleaning! Sorry to hear about all the mishaps. Be careful, the other stuff can be fixed, but you might not be so lucky. I'd hate to hear that you had a housecleaning induced accident, Marty!

Liz

Fall cleaning?? You mean I was supposed to clean in Spring?? Knew I forgot something
smile.gif

We keep our place sparkling and spotless so we don't ever have to clean......No, wait the drugs are wearing off now.
new_shocked.gif

We just adjusted out standard of living so that we consider the stacked junk art deco.
smile.gif

Hey Marty when you are done there com'on up!
aktion033.gif
I could use some help up here.
yes.gif
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif

You guys are funny.

I'm only on my 2nd day here and just got the backrooms done and the windows and now I'm on the kitchen. It's so scarry! It's a very tiny galley but you'd be surprised how the cooties and goo can find places to live. !EWWWWWWW You know that hood over the stove? We do not want to go there........I swear to you it was moving
ohmy.gif

Then I got carried away and cleaned out every single cabinet and began to trash pots and pans and dishes and junk that we havent' used in ages. I picked up my shelf liners and tossed them and began to scrub and eekssssss nasty nasty nasty.

Jack the trash man came today for trash pickup (every Tuesday for $12.00) and I had 8 bags of BS for him to haul off and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I'm cleaning out the kitchen cabinets and he asked me if anything was left in them
biggrin.gif
Actually, not much. I figured if we haven't used stuff in 2 years we aint' gonna so out it went. ZAP!

If you wanna know why all the fuss,.....it's cause I am getting prepared to bring out our harvest decorations and I don't want them in a dirty house! It's FALL YALL!
wink.gif

I'm onto washing the walls and woodwork now. sigh, I'm pooped. Tomorrow I go hunting for paint! JOY.
yes.gif

*shiver* YOU are nuts....

I dread cleaning.

And I have to do it now...since I leave in two weeks...

UGH.

smileypuke.gif

MiniHGal said:
*shiver* YOU are nuts....
I dread cleaning.

UGH.

smileypuke.gif

466480[/snapback]

I agree. I hate to clean, but it's about time I cleaned the house, before another calving season is upon us and there is no point to it.
giveup.gif

Yes I have started fall cleaning. I'm doing all the laundry and sorting out all of our clothes (4 people). I hate cleaning!!!! I have a bumper sticker that says HORSE WORK BEFORE HOUSE WORK. That is so true.

Christy

Yea I'm nuts and exhausted too. But I love to clean when I really can deep clean and turn the place upside down like this. I get obcessed. I'd disinfect the fish if I could I get so carried away.

Ya know the place was just over run with teens all summer long trashing stuff and really it needed a good old clean out. Finally finished the kitchen tonite at 11:15 on the nose. It sparkles! Love it. But dang it I broke the broom!

Onward Wednesday to Wally World and Lowes for supplies and paint. Gonna be a very messy week.......

I actually did start some fall cleaning. I can only do little bits at a time. One day, I over did myself and I was down for the count for 2 days afterwards.
wacko.gif

I started in the livingroom at "Toby da bird"s cage and got about 10 feet into one corner. I am thinking I might be able to get some done today. The floor around Toby's cage is a mess already cause he likes to throw stuff.
wacko.gif

I'm tired just reading your list, Marty.
wacko.gif

Please feel free to come to my house while you are "on a roll" and having such a good time! I have several cleaning "issues" that need attention and wow, hate the thought. Once I get started, look out.....but, slow to start
biggrin.gif

Heck, if I wait a while I can do Spring & Fall together. Is that multi-tasking ?
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back