Falabella

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
who has heavy Falabella bloodlines. What does this mean? What is known about this breed? websites? information? Thanks in advance.

I know a tiny tiny bit about Fallabela! It is like the ''first miniature horse'' the fallabella family is the ones who bred down to the miniature horse(I think, so if anyone else knows correct me!!) they live in Argentina! I know there is a web-site, I will go look for it!!
default_smile.png

-Gage-

[SIZE=14pt]Is your mare registered anywhere else? If you dont care about showing or selling to other non fallabella breeders then its ok if she is only fallabella. It really isnt a recognised registry with shows or anything.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Falabellas have a lot of line breeding, A LOT. So in most cases Falabellas have larger heads, which do not fit their bodies

I have a falabella blend filly and my 2 mare's I have out to get bred are to a pure falabella stallion so my 2 babies next year will be falabella blends also. (and one AMHA, AMHR, WCMHR other just world class and falabella blend)

Here are a couple sites you can go and check out...

FMHA site

Falabella Breeders & Owners Society

She is AMHR registered. The Falabella is on her fathers side...I haven't seen the papers, but she is probably the first or second blended generation. I just wondered how they were different from other mini horses. She is very refined in the legs, but I do think she has kind of a plain and maybe longer head, but not bigger.

Falabellas are the family where the horses came from in Argentina. The good horses there I understand were very refined and beautiful and looked like tiny horses. I have a filly that is half Falabella and she is NOT coarse or big headed by any means! In fact, she is the most refined horse I have at this time.

SOME of them, just like all the other Minis, just were not good 'nicks' , or just didnt 'come out like they were supposed to"!

They come in all colors..........

Laurie

Another good thing about Falabella's is because they are not as common as american miniatures, they sell for a lot more just because of the name =) I don't know if they're supposed to have different personalities though...anyone know?

Hi,

I am a Falabella breeder, there are alot of websites with good information about this very rare and wonderful breed. They happen to be behind the some of the best American Miniature lines today. Chianti , a leopard appy is considered the "Father" of a lot of the top miniature appy lines. Just go to the Toyland Miniatures site to see what they can look like. Most of them are gorgeous!!!!!

i forgot to say that Chianti was a pure Falabella bred in Argentina and brought here to America by the Regina Winery in the 1960's. President Kennedy purchased Falabellas from Argentina for his kids. Go to my website for links to other Falabella sites and info

As others have said Falabella is a breed and has a registry FMHA, infact it was created before AMHA. The Falabella family in Argentina has been breeding them since the 1880s. I have some articles on Falabellas on my website-

C Spots Mini Horses

I breed pure and part Falabellas. Here is my pure mare- Calita-

calitanice070405.jpg

The filly in my avitar is Calita's half Falabella foal by an American stallion.

This is my stallion (80% Falabella) Justin-

lysjustinnice070405.jpg

Both of these horses have beautiful heads and are very correct in conformation with great personalities
smile.gif

Falabella crossed on American lines has produced for me very nice individuals including All Star in color and halter AMHR, year end championships and reserves in Jumper and hunter.

Tammie

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now that I have found her paper info...can she be registered as a Falabella blend somewhere also? Is it worth it? What do you think? C spots and Appypintolady any ideas here? I reasearched and found many pictures of these guys. What do you think?

AMHA: BOONE'S HFS MACHO 32.00"

6307A TOYLAND ZODIAC (FALABELLA) 31.00"

6295A HFS CARMEN (IMPORTED FALABELLA) 31.00"

96088A ENDERS TOYLAND LITTLE TRIUMPH 32.00"

6307A TOYLAND ZODIAC (FALABELLA) 31.00"

59181A TOYLAND LA TRINKET (FALABELLA) 31.50"

8344A TOYLAND PIXIE PATCHES (FALABELLA) 31.50"

AMHA: KOBECKS CHIEF APACHE

87971A ENDERS HOT TEQUILA 34.00"

AMHA: CW APACHE ACRES NINJAS GEISHA GIRL

Thanks,

Oh most definately!!! The registry is The Falabella Blend Registry. You can contact them through FMHA, they are a sister registry. You can check them out by going to the Toyland site and clicking on FMHA. You can get to her link through my site if you want. Good Luck!! You have a very special mare there. Who did you get her from?

I am buying her from a lady named Stephanie Moss in Kansas, but I see that her registration papers are still in Paul and Tammy Brown's name. I am working on that problem now, as I definatley want her registered. I can't wait to get her home and get good pics of her.

Be sure and post her pictures when you get her. I would love to see what she looks like!!

Latest posts

Back