Fairy Gardens???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
I went to the green house on mothers day with my mom so she could pick out a hanging basket and we saw the cutest little potted container gardens! Little Fairy house village things, they were so cute! I'm not that into fairy's but I like the idea of little miniature things hidden in a garden.
default_yes.gif
You could get pretty creative with that! Maybe a toad house or a gnome home , something like that... It was kinda like my Christmas house but in garden form. Little stepping stones, little fences, little arbors, the sky is the limit! Oh and don't forget the beautiful plants!

Any body ever seen one? Do you have one? I'd love to see pictures if you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jacks thunder... just commenting on your avatar photo. Lovely vintage Oliver tractor, we have them here. very cool. I cant blow your photo up enough to see what model that is. Is it a 77? looks bigger than a 77 but I can't tell with the small photo. Just curious.

I put a gnome in my sons garden last year and mowed it into little pieces with my mower. LOL. I owe him another one this year.

My mother made one last year, drove me crazy with it! Little concrete houses with moss and tiled roofs and schlecht fairies and no fairy village would be complete without a unicorn! It was cute, but she has a tendancy to not maintain things, so cute today becomes a down trodden mess tomorrow. On the fairy/ gnome note, relatives went to Iceland recently.......wow, pretty hardcore on the fairy/gnome beliefs there. Roads stopped from completion because they would travel through "fairy and gnome" areas, if a structure is being built and is disrupted multiple times but no foreseeable issue is at hand (could be ground settling, strong winds, disgruntled locals being sneeky...or fairies and gnomes...)the owner will get a settlement to build elsewhere because it is believed to be caused by gnomes....look it up, hundreds of stories and chat rooms out there
default_smile.png

Hi Jacks thunder... just commenting on your avatar photo. Lovely vintage Oliver tractor, we have them here. very cool. I cant blow your photo up enough to see what model that is. Is it a 77? looks bigger than a 77 but I can't tell with the small photo. Just curious.

I put a gnome in my sons garden last year and mowed it into little pieces with my mower. LOL. I owe him another one this year.
Thanks shorthorsemom! It's a 1951 Oliver 77 Row Crop and her name is Betty.

I don't have a fairy garden but I have a fairy door. It stands against a boulder in the flowerbed. When the flowers become lush, the door appears to be a hidden entrance in the rock. It's pretty bare looking right now, but I'll take a picture when/if the flowers fill in around it.

I like little surprises in the garden. Interesting about Iceland.

How cute eagles ring farm! Now are these for indoors or is this something you put in a planter outside in amongst your plants? Very cute either way
default_yes.gif

Thank you

They are for outside or indoor they are all weather sealed on all surfaces and the bottom

so you can place them in a garden or the top one is just a house made from mulch for someone to build their own

fairy garden around it.

I have been making dollhouse miniature for a few years now have also added the fairy gardens

I wish I had more spare time for it

Wow, love both the mini ones and the other outdoor one.

I'm not really into these - but I have a friend who is and those little mini ones would make a great gift... Any others have ideas to share? I have neither the craftiness nor the time right now to make one myself.

Latest posts

Back