Fairy at the busstop

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capall beag

Reaction score
York Beach, Maine originally from Ireland!
My daughter just started Kindergarten last week.

Everyday, we walk to meet her, my 4 yr old and the baby. We have about a 1/4 mile walk. We always bring one or two of the dogs with us.

Today my mother in law had the baby, so I decided to bring Fairy, one of our little mares, to surprise my daughter!!!!

I was great fun, Fairy was a good girl.

I live in a non horsey area, so we always get lots of Q's and comments.

My neighbour was walking her lab and the lab almost choked himself trying to figure out what Fairy was. The oil man drove by and almost fell otu his window looking, asked if she 'shrank in the wash!'

Then at the busstop every kid on the bus was glued to the window! The bus driver couldn't believe his eyes, he did a double take!!!!

The four kids at the busstop were cuddling Fairy and she loved it!

She was SUCH A GOOD GIRL, took it all in stride!

It was fun, people get a real kick out of mini's!

I think my neighbours, mostly city transplants, think I have lost my mind!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One of my neighbours said "Do you think you are still in Ireland with all these animals!" But she thinks her canary is a lot of work!!!!!!!!!!!!

My other neighbour had a fish as a pet but thought it was too much work so she gave it away!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Takes all sorts!
biggrin.gif

Awwww...that's neat!

Umm....what the heck was the "back in Ireland" crack about? Have you told her stories or is that some kind of prejudice???

You're a pioneer with your minis here in Maine. I don't think people south and west of us truly understand that fact!!

But then again, everything takes forever to get to Maine-- technology, fashion, etc.

Och how terribly loverly Fiona BUT where was your darned camera?
biggrin.gif

Aww, how cute!

I know what you mean about people and the minis. The man down the road stopped and was talking to us about Lacey when I was walking her. He told me not to tell his wife who I have yet to meet. Guess where I am going soon? LOL I guess she wants a mini donkey and I am sure I can find her one.
biggrin.gif
She now has a sow that she lays on the ground with and plays with from what he said. If she can play and love a sow she deserves a mini something.

Fran

Tracy,

My neighbour is a little shall we say "Out to lunch!!"

She inserts her foot in her mouth everytime she speaks!!!

I think if you are not an animal person having 5 horses, 4 dogs and 2 cats seems insane!!!!

To me, having a bird, one little bird and feeling overwhelmed by having to feed and clean up after a bird is
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

All I can say is takes all sorts!!!!

Of course, her kids and everyother neighbourhood kid wants to live here and come to my house daily to hang out on the "Big Farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Animals have always brought such joy to my life and I know they will do the same for my kids!!!!!!!

What is life without animals?????????

JMHO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh BTW I think she believes animals still live in our old cottages in Ireland and that we have no electricity or water in our homes, ole paupers that we are
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
Oh and of course that we all were shamrocks and drink too much
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, Fiona, I always knew I was pseudo-Irish! Born on St. Patrick's Day (I have a picture of me as a newborn with a 4-leaf clover photographed on me & my blankie) plus the fact that I can find 4-leaf clovers 5 and 6 at a time....and I'm lucky as heck...have won contests galore...

Oh, and let's see.... 10 mini horses, 2 mini donkeys, 1 QH mare, 2 mini dachshunds, 3 bunnie wabbits, and umm... 11 cats.... yup 11. Sarah brought home a pregnant cat and she gave birth to 6 kittens. (The 11 count does not include the 2 kittens Sarah brought home for barn kitties. They are co-owned at the barn.) Oh, and 5 fish tanks.

It's a proven fact that people who have pets live longer. I plan on making it to 120. With all these pets and the luck o the Irish, I ain't never gonna die!

Tracy,

you are funny!

Hey, If you know of barn kitties needing a home I promised my daughter if we could rescue some we would!

I will have to remember your birthday on Paddy's Day!!

Karla,

It was great fun!!

Julia LOVES going on the bus and being in Kindergarten, so I am fine with it!!

I love the walk down the driveway, it is peaceful and fun!!

The girls notice everything, we saw a red tailed hawk yesterday!

PS My Mum is coming from Ireland tomorrow so I may not be posting much, note I said 'may not!'
biggrin.gif

Oh Fiona, that's great about Mum, now I know she stays a while so when should I get your room ready for that "visit"?
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Dimimore!!

Well she was to come yesterday BUT the catering truck ran into the side of the plane so it never left Dublin
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

She is coming tomorrow! and yes, she is staying a month!

My Dad is coming the following week, I think he is bringing me a surpirse!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

A little scruffy JRT called Noddy!!!!!!!! His owner couldn't keep him anymore because he thought her chickens were a feathery treat just for him
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Of course, I thought well then let Noddy come live with us!!!!!!!

I hope he arrives with my Dad!!!!

I will keep you posted and put up a pic if he arrives!!!

BTW Deb, I WOULD love to come visit, I just have to be a little creative with arranging things!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, you know you are welcome. I can think of 3 folks local here who would love to see you, Karla, Edna and of course ME! Come if you can but if not know the door is always open. Can't wait to see if Noddy comes to America. Do you suppose he is bi-lingual?
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back