Fairly new to forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_wub.png
Well now I do have to jump in here a bit..I'm one of the older ones here..haven't been here the longest but in my age..(certainly not my wisdom LOL:)

When I first joined I saw a lot of the same people on here and quickly picked up on who I could depend on for a frank, good advice given from good conscience and from the heart and caring for WHY WE ARE HERE, THE HORSES!

I've seen my share of battles intentional and unintentional, and thoughtless blunders..made a few stupid remarks myself God knows.

BUT on a forum with what 10,000 members worldwide? all nationalities how can we not have people that naturally fall into certain circles where we feel comfortable and safe and seem more at home..that doesn't mean new people aren't welcome and won't be part of all this and fall in somewhere..

It isn't a popularity contest, it's a place to help care for , raise, show and get advice on the greatest little horses out there. A place where I was unknown , asked stupid questions time after time and yet was NEVER passed over , always got up to the moment good advice to help me most when I needed it.

One can't come into a place with this many people that covers the whole globe with that many different personalities, personal problems and needs etc and ages and not fall into groups..

I personally never saw a dumb question just a sometimes naive' one that might require patience to again answer..instead of passing it over, I try to advise how to use the search at the bottom or pass on..

NOW I , we , Carl and I have no horses..our babies are gone, one tragically even to the Rainbow Bridge..and the response to our loss was whole and complete and uplifting and certainly got me through that hard hard day..BUT along with us has been that same response to others loss of which we've had way too much on here lately. Unfortunatly a part of the size of this family..

Like all families sometimes you feel like hugging them and sometimes you feel like spanking them
default_biggrin.png

Lets not lose sight of why we're here eh? And if anyone thinks they need to pussyfoot around with me, you all know better..just remember there's ways and there's ways ..there now I did my lecture for the year
default_yes.gif

I truly care about you all, Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put Maxine! And I don't know about you all, but when I first joined the forum I was welcomed with open arms
default_yes.gif
Or should I say open computers?
default_biggrin.png
I felt very welcome and quickly became part of the forum family....at least that's how I felt. Hubby always laughs and says "your on that thing again?" hehehehe
default_biggrin.png
It's a very fun place to be on most days
default_laugh.png

default_wub.png
Well now I do have to jump in here a bit..I'm one of the older ones here..haven't been here the longest but in my age..(certainly not my wisdom LOL:)

When I first joined I saw a lot of the same people on here and quickly picked up on who I could depend on for a frank, good advice given from good conscience and from the heart and caring for WHY WE ARE HERE, THE HORSES!

I've seen my share of battles intentional and unintentional, and thoughtless blunders..made a few stupid remarks myself God knows.

BUT on a forum with what 10,000 members worldwide? all nationalities how can we not have people that naturally fall into certain circles where we feel comfortable and safe and seem more at home..that doesn't mean new people aren't welcome and won't be part of all this and fall in somewhere..

It isn't a popularity contest, it's a place to help care for , raise, show and get advice on the greatest little horses out there. A place where I was unknown , asked stupid questions time after time and yet was NEVER passed over , always got up to the moment good advice to help me most when I needed it.

One can't come into a place with this many people that covers the whole globe with that many different personalities, personal problems and needs etc and ages and not fall into groups..

I personally never saw a dumb question just a sometimes naive' one that might require patience to again answer..instead of passing it over, I try to advise how to use the search at the bottom or pass on..

NOW I , we , Carl and I have no horses..our babies are gone, one tragically even to the Rainbow Bridge..and the response to our loss was whole and complete and uplifting and certainly got me through that hard hard day..BUT along with us has been that same response to others loss of which we've had way too much on here lately. Unfortunatly a part of the size of this family..

Like all families sometimes you feel like hugging them and sometimes you feel like spanking them
default_biggrin.png

Lets not lose sight of why we're here eh? And if anyone thinks they need to pussyfoot around with me, you all know better..just remember there's ways and there's ways ..there now I did my lecture for the year
default_yes.gif

I truly care about you all, Maxine

Great topic Endless! I read alot and have learned alot because of this forum but I totally have to agree with you......PEOPLE CAN BE SO MEAN!!! And for what? To make themselves feel better about themselves because they think their opinion is the RIGHT one? Everybody has an opinion and have the right to their opinion but come on here, let's have a little more tack about it! Also, everybody ("inner circle people") need to rememeber that YOU were once NEW and went looking for advice at one time so when people ask for help or opinions, remember that and be considerate. We all love our animals and want to do our best for them so let's just get back to the reason this forum came about to beging with.......TO SHARE AND LEARN!

Wow SWA just WOW!!!!

I don't think anyone that has replied here are the ones the post was intended to reach.

You are all so level headed and fair minded. Maybe the people that recognize themselves in the comments will take note and try to be kinder next time?

I can only suspect I am thought to be a member of the "inner circle" because usually my topics get a lot of response. But I have always thought and believed that is because I also give a lot of feed back to all the other members -- be it advice when I have it, congratulations, a compliment on a photo, etc. Some people are maybe well liked because they are nice and enjoy others happy news and successes
default_yes.gif
I'm not all together clear on what actually brought this thread about, but did feel compelled to comment where I have, because of past personal experiences as a "fellow forum member" here over the years.

However, aside from that though,
default_wink.png
Based on Jill's statement above, I don't guess my contributions to this thread, or any actually, will ever amount to "worthiness" among the rest who are much more "active" than my few correspondence numbers.
default_wacko.png

I do feel as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, that we are emotionally committed, and at times we've been able, even financially committed to fellow members here. Myself included. Many who I've come to regard as very dear friends over the years. But, I don't find it easy to spend my every waking moment here in not only reading all the volumous posts, but then to ALSO respond to each and everyone that I would LOVE nothing more than to contribute to, because of such endearing friendships.... but, it's just not physically possible for me to even be ABLE. I have hard enough time trying to keep up with personal emails, when I have very limited "computer time" as it is. And when I am able to devote to computer time, I have physical issues that make it difficult focus on reading, and the more I read the weaker my left eye gets, so I try to do a little time here, a little time there, and before ya know it, the day's gone, and another has rolled around and I never even got to all the posts/emails that I wanted to get to, most from LAST WEEK already.

So, though my "heart" wants to read them all, and respond to as much as physically possible... "reality" smarts me otherwise. Especially, when you also factor in the many other "life's daily toils" into the time constraints of every day.

I genuinely DO "enjoy others happy news and successes" as much as anyone else, and it's not that I don't "want" to be explicitly social to each and everyone here....it's just not "physically possible" for some of us. So, by that standard, I guess I don't really need to even bother with posting what little I do try to muster up for.
default_wacko.png
As I must not "rate" the numbers worthy of ever being "heard".
default_sad.png

Oh well, my loss entirely, I'm sure. It sure was nice knowing you all anyways.
default_wub.png
Take care.
default_saludando.gif

(PS.... of course I'm being facetious.
default_wink.png
) I think...
default_unsure.png

I probably just better go back to "dormant" and "read" as I'm able.
default_wub.png

default_yes.gif
Well this is really a great place to come and get such wonderful info from everyone. At times I think things can get heated but that is what makes this ole' world go round. We all have our passions and some stronger then others and some voice their opinions stronger (alot stronger) I just try not to take things to personal and EVERYONE is entitled to say what they feel. It was nice when I lost two foals in a week to be able to vent my frustrations AND my sorrow because folks on here that have lost their animal friends know the pain I was feeling And for that I am grateful. So to ALL my forum friends...THANK YOU...for being YOU!
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone for responding, its nice to know people are reading and thinking. I have also met some very nice people on this forum and have also learned some things. I dont respond alot because most times I would be saying the same thing someone else already said. I understand there are always more than one way of thinking and there are soooooooo many opinions out there and sometimes its good to hear from all angles but I just wish there was a way to do so nicely. Sometimes I think people dont even mean to sound nasty or like their opinion is the only opinion, so all I am saying is we need to all stop and think before we type. I read the post that got my dander up 3 times over several hours before I went and posted this thread. I figured since the urge to do so wouldnt go aay then I needed to get my opinion off my chest! This post is not directed at any one person or group but to ALL forum members and people in general and of course it is only my opinion!
Nice to see you posting and a great understanding Friend
default_saludando.gif

I think there is alot of reasons as to why.

Sometimes it is a simple as some people may have more background info then others which might change the way they reply.
I think this is a really, really good point. There have been times when I don't understand things and when I take the time to go back and look at some previous posts. . .well it all becomes a little more clear then.

I know this particular thread has been talked about before a time or 2. It's neat to see people's opinions. Some people that you think to be insensitive, you actually just find are a little thicker skinned than others. They can accept comments as well as they can give them - they just lean towards brutally honest, and they don't see anything wrong with it. And some people are just really sensitive and take things incredibly personally. And some people are just really passionate about the topic on hand. And there are people that just connect really well with certain other people. And there are people that are more popular than others. There are people that are so positive, and people that are so negative. People tend to be drawn more to the positive. Pretty much like "real" life, like others have said.

I am one of the original old forum posters. This topic comes up about once a year. Didn't really want to add anything but to say the comments have basically been the same throughout the years. Stick around another ten years & we will still be reading basically the same comments again but from different people with a few of the oldies scattered in.................. Just so no one will take this wrong I am not saying the original poster should not have started this thread - I just wanted the new members to know this is the nature of a forum.
default_biggrin.png

I have to say in some cases the same group tends to rally for certain people, that will never change. But as far as finacially supporting one person and not another I would say every case is different. I see 2 cases on here now that are totally different. One makes sense and the other wasn't thought through very well. Apples and Oranges in my eyes. I don't see where anyone was "mean" stating the truth hurts sometimes but I think it has been done nicely in this one case.

I have been here since near the beginning also and this is a topic that sometimes comes up. I think lots of good points have been made this time and have been pretty much made in a kind manner which is wonderful! I am one of those who is not very thick skinned and tends not to post on "most" controversial issues. I don't like to hurt others, and also do not like to get flamed myself. I also agree with Tanya (SWA) that whenever I have any kind of problem with anyone or about anyone, the unequivocal answer for me is to pray for them! Prayer never hurts and always helps in seen or unseen ways.

The few times that I "do" get involved with controversial threads are if I feel really compelled to stand up for something or someONE I believe in, especially if I feel unfair or downright cruel things are being said. Standing up for my beliefs means more to me than being in any kind of "in crowd" or popularity.

I think this kind of thread makes us all sit back and think...... which is a good thing :)

Susan O.

I've been here for years but don't post nearly as much as I used to but that's because my life has changed and I'm not as upbeat or fun as I used to be. I'm busy with my "causes" and my work and my life just got more serious, not by choice. I do miss a lot of the older posters.

Ive learned so much about miniatures on LB., it really enhanced my big horse knowledge as well. I have always kept an open mind or tried to. Somethings I am set about and won't change my mind, but with other things, this old dog still is open to learn new tricks. I really appreciate the knowledge when John Eberth came on board and did the dwarf forum. He was so helpful and answered so many questions that needed answering. It was nice for Lee Crutchfield to stop in too. I like to see the new foals they really make me smile and I like to see show results and see the show pictures since I don't go. I wish everyone a good happy foaling and show season. And for the rest of us "backyard breeders".......I'm sure we'll keep on truckin in our own way. Best wishes to all.

Tanya (SWA) --

I hope you didn't feel I was meaning only people who give a lot of feedback deserve a lot of feedback. That was not at all my intention
default_unsure.png

What I've always figured / hoped is that people "talk to me" because I "talk to them". Just like out in regular life... People who are able to reach out the most get a lot back in return. I just happen to have the time and enjoy being able to interact with most of the members here... That is not at all to look down on those who aren't able to for whatever reasons (time, shyness, etc.)
default_smile.png

There are a few members (literally only a few) with whom I do my best NOT to interact. Funny how I have a hard time liking those who go out of their way to not like me
dont-know.gif

I hope you know you and I are good, and always have been, in my book
default_yes.gif

Jill

I agree, a lot of the time it seems as if it is negative feedback that people are getting on posts asking for opinions but most of the time it isn't really negative but just the concern for the animals themselves.

I don't post much anymore but I do monitor the board every day. The friends I have made on this forum are some of the best friends I have ever had and I would not have met them if not for the forum. I have learned a lot from the posters here but also have seen some really mean comments made on here. That will happen any time you have this many different personalities together.

I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone tells another person to geld their pride and joy when they post a picture of their stallion that they just wanted to show everybody.

Don't get me wrong, I am a BIG fan of gelding but it is better to try to educate someone and let them make that determination themselves than to bash them and tell them that they need to geld.

I certainly hope that I am not one of the posters that has hurt someone. Anyone that knows me knows that I would not intentionally hurt anyone but if the welfare of an animal is at stake, I will post if I think my 40 plus years of horse ownership and experience with rescues and re-hab will possibly make a difference in whether or not the animal will be treated by a vet or if something I could share could possibly make the animal more comfortable.

Mary

Tanya (SWA) --

I hope you didn't feel I was meaning only people who give a lot of feedback deserve a lot of feedback. That was not at all my intention
default_unsure.png

What I've always figured / hoped is that people "talk to me" because I "talk to them". Just like out in regular life... People who are able to reach out the most get a lot back in return. I just happen to have the time and enjoy being able to interact with most of the members here... That is not at all to look down on those who aren't able to for whatever reasons (time, shyness, etc.)
default_smile.png

There are a few members (literally only a few) with whom I do my best NOT to interact. Funny how I have a hard time liking those who go out of their way to not like me
dont-know.gif

I hope you know you and I are good, and always have been, in my book
default_yes.gif

Jill

default_saludando.gif
Hi Jill
default_wub.png

I was just playing advocate for those of us who are less active, some by choice, some by circumstance. Your post just gave opportunity to express explanation and I hope not to have offended. I was just being facetious, or at least "trying" to be. I guess it must not have come across that way, and I apologize. Yes, in my book, you and I are most definately good, and always have been.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

I am also one of the original posters
default_biggrin.png
I spend most of my time moderating instead of posting, but am always glad to see the old timers are still around!
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

I know i already posted on this, but I have done more thinking about it. I am so greatful I found LB. I have learned so much from here, as I never owned any horse before. It really bothers me when some really get nasty with others, and I feel it is just not fair.. I use to post a lot, but since a good friend of mine was really hurt by some members, she isn't on anymore
default_no.gif
And i do get discouraged as many of my topics do not get the volume as most others. But hey,, I wasn't in the "in crowd" and school so i understand that I think it is the same here. LIke right now, I am going threw massive problems and would love have the forum shoulders to lean on, but I just don't want to get more upset for no one replying..ANd I would like to say thanks to the few the posted on my mares problems. But again, I thought maybe there would have been more sending thoughts her way.. I do not cause problems on here and never will, but I do back off as sometimes I think it is best. I do believe in the power of prayer. I try to post on the ones that need it when they ask and I have even tried helping some, just wished I couldhave done more... And there are times that I still pray for them, even if I don't say sending prayers.. Well sorry to go on, like I said I am a basket case now, but I just wanted to add my thoughts and I think it was a good Idea to start this topic.. And since I am not popular here, I just pray I don't get the torch over my post..

Latest posts

Back