Fairier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamond c

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I have always done my own hoof trimming. I’m slow and really not very good. Because of some health issues they have gotten beyond my means, and I am not able to get in the position that I need to be in to get the job done. I finally broke down and hired a fairier to come and get my little guys back into shape. He did such a good job and was so fast doing it. It’s going to take another trim or 2 to get them back into the shape they need to be, but I don’t regret hiring it done.

I did the same with clipping my big pony this year, my hands and back hurt (heck, it ALL hurts) after I clip him for days so I paid my vet's tech who does clipping on the side to clip him out. Don't regret a cent! She's going to clip him again mid summer for me too. I can do the minis myself, but that's my limit.

I tried doing my own horses' hooves at first, too. Flares and weirdness. I've used a barefoot trimmer ever since, and barely have the nerve to run a rasp over hooves now, for fear I'll cause a problem.

I got lucky enough to find a very good one on the first try. As far as I can tell after the first time he is a keeper. He seemed to be honest and gentle with my little guys. Luckily his main job is only about 10 minutes from our place and he live very close too. I had tried to get ahold of 2 other guys that never called me back and this guy I called and left a message and he called me back in less than 5 minutes, and he came that evening ( his idea not mine ) .I really hope he is everything I think he is, cause I really like him so far.

Latest posts

Back