Fair price for almost new cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cayuse

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
What does everyone think a fair price would be for a Kingston almost new (one year old, 6-10 drives on it) Kingston mini cart? Maybe 1/3 less than the going "new" model? Not sure how much to knock off the price without giving it away. Thanks.

That sounds fair to me...provided the person comes and gets it! If you're going to help move it then they should pay more.

Just for kicks, what are the specs on it (shaft length, does it have the C spring, which tires does it have)?

The way used things are going right now, I think you should reconsider asking so little. Are new ones even being made now? Wood is expensive and labor hard to get.
Agree with Marsha here. I was just at Kingston a couple of weeks ago. He has been out of the C springs and still waiting on them. It is hard to find any decent used carts. I don't suggest gouging them but what they save on shipping, besides a discount is still a good deal.

It's true, I've noticed on Kingston's site that they are missing a ton of options! So it's probably true you could get quite a bit for the cart. I was thinking of the before times. It can't hurt to ask a little more up front too, people will invariably try to haggle. :)

I let an acquaintance know about the cart and will PM you with her info if she's interested.

I went with my friend to get a cart for her Shetland that is 40" tall and she is really tall as well. He was kind enough to sell her his floor model which had C springs. It adds 6 inches instead of 3" with the regular springs and she got the 18" motorcycle tires. Just an FYI for anyone out there with a larger mini.

Cayuse, remember when I considered buying that used Frey Cart locally and the lady wouldn't budge on the price? She was asking $100 less than brand new. But when you add in shipping in retrospect it was a good deal. With gas prices up shipping is pricey!

Oh wow! I hope you get that much, that would be AWESOME!! I guess I totally under price things. I usually price stuff at half of what I paid for the item and whatever it is usually goes like a hotcake. Once I decide to sell something then I want it outta here ASAP… I get tired of looking at things 🤣 Plus if I am buying something used I’d better be getting it a whole lot cheaper than the original price otherwise I might as well buy it brand new.

That's the thing, I'm emotionally attached to that darn cart. It represents dreams and hopes. I do have another cart so it's not like I'd be unable to drive if the spirit moved me to do so. I'm so conflicted 🤣

That's the thing, I'm emotionally attached to that darn cart. It represents dreams and hopes. I do have another cart so it's not like I'd be unable to drive if the spirit moved me to do so. I'm so conflicted 🤣
If you have room to keep it, maybe you should wait to rehome it. Getting another would be very difficult.

You are right, hubby will retire soon (next year) and he will be able to help more and maybe drive Cappy again. I should probably keep it. I have room for the cart and replacing it would be $$ and difficult and it does fit a variety of sizes.

You are right, hubby will retire soon (next year) and he will be able to help more and maybe drive Cappy again. I should probably keep it. I have room for the cart and replacing it would be $$ and difficult and it does fit a variety of sizes.
Yes! Definetly keep it then. My husband is pretty sure he is going to retire at the end of this year & I'm looking forward to more driving adventures. He has started taking a day off here and there for practice. So see what we did today?
20210616_164050.jpg

Yes! Definetly keep it then. My husband is pretty sure he is going to retire at the end of this year & I'm looking forward to more driving adventures. He has started taking a day off here and there for practice. So see what we did today?
View attachment 43784
Did you drive horses to the lake?;)

Haha. We are having another heat wave. It's 109 here today. Heading out to hose down the horses and probably myself while I'm at it!!!
Yes, I go out to spritz mine in the afternoon on very hot days. Dapper Dan comes up and enjoys it, but I have to halter Midnight. She likes it, but is suspicious. I think eventually she will come up for spritzing willingly. I read in the news that your area is having a hot time. I feel for you.

Yes, I go out to spritz mine in the afternoon on very hot days. Dapper Dan comes up and enjoys it, but I have to halter Midnight. She likes it, but is suspicious. I think eventually she will come up for spritzing willingly. I read in the news that your area is having a hot time. I feel for you.
It's so hot and we are being asked to cut back on our electricity usage through the weekend. Also the second largest reservoir in the state is super low now which has a hydro plant that produces electricity. They say if it keeps going this way, it will be shut down in a few months from now for the first time since 1967. We don't usually get any rain until the end of October. But that hydro- electric plant only accounts for a small portion of the electricity.

Latest posts

Back