Fair Pics.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrat

Reaction score
Everyone had alot of fun at the fair this year! And I'm proud of them all! (mini's and kids)

Thought I'd share some pics.

Here's a couple of our 4-Her's and their mares.

100_0905.jpg

The sliver bay mare got Res. champ. mare.

Here's one of my son and Toby.

100_0913.jpg

They did great in all the Trial classes.

100_0945.jpg

Pee-wee class w/ the famous Coco.( Attn. Leeana
default_smile.png
)

100_0922.jpg

And a few more of the famous Coco and his proud handler
default_smile.png

Cutie.jpg

100_1007.jpg

Beware girls -Here's the next all American Cowboy!

100_1005.jpg

And a few from the lead line class-

100_0957.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0955.jpg

They all did great! And all placed in thier classes, and some of the classes were really big- example-

100_0931.jpg

Here's Black Jack 38" and his handler with a proud second in pony Halter.

100_0932.jpg

I wish we had gotten pictures with their ribbons and such but hubby was the show photographer and since he's kindda a non-horsey hubby I'll take what I can get ( atleast for now- have to try to work on getting better show pics. next year.)

Thanks to every one here for looking and being here to ask question and read all the good info.

I hear they may be working on a miniature horse program for 4-H here in Ohio. I hope!! Anyone here from Ohio call the OSU ext Office in Columbus tell them we need to add mini Horses as a project! PM me I'll give you the Phone # and website
default_smile.png

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, they all look great
default_laugh.png

Oh Coco
default_wub.png
...i sure hope he didn't have to many pranks up his sleeve for the kids, but its great to see him. This week is our local fair and have been busy over there getting horses in and ready for the week, seeig pictures of Coco with you ladies sure brings back some memories though
default_wub.png
. Give Coco a kiss and carrot for me
default_wub.png

How neat to see the pics of Coco and Wytt...we had led my nephew around with coco on him before and he would crawl all over him in the stall but pretty neat to see him fully decked out
default_smile.png

BTW - You did a great job getting them all clipped and groomed
default_smile.png

Hey, they all look great
default_laugh.png
Oh Coco
default_wub.png
...i sure hope he didn't have to many pranks up his sleeve for the kids, but its great to see him. This week is our local fair and have been busy over there getting horses in and ready for the week, seeig pictures of Coco with you ladies sure brings back some memories though
default_wub.png
. Give Coco a kiss and carrot for me
default_wub.png

How neat to see the pics of Coco and Wytt...we had led my nephew around with coco on him before and he would crawl all over him in the stall but pretty neat to see him fully decked out
default_smile.png

BTW - You did a great job getting them all clipped and groomed
default_smile.png
Well, my clipping needs some help, You'll have to come give me a lesson for next year
default_smile.png
- and Mr. Coco always has some prank he's thinking up - he wasn't to happy to have his muzzle clipped. I had a harder time with his nose than ears
default_wacko.png

I sure hope we can get them all to shed out good for the Ashland show next year, I dread the thought of body clipping.

Thanks for all your help with the Mini's and coming to talk to the kids.

Thank you!

Yes, they were side passing over the post. This year they had some very complicated courses esp. for the showmanship patterns, they had them back a 45degree angle and pivot 1/4 circle then 3/4 and such, ( and of course they wrote the patterns out using degrees so I simplified it for the kids and would tell them to think of a circle). Not 1 class had your basic old patterns there wasn't 1- 180 degree pivot in the patterns. but they did do a 360 in a box in the trial class.

4-H is suppose to be fun and for the kids!! I sure wish the parents would get back to that way of thinking. Some of the grown ups are just terrible in this county.

I'm still aggrivated about a big horse farm guy lunged and rode and rode and lunged, etc etc. then when it came time for the class he'd set his little girl in the saddle. That is wrong to do esp. at the fair in front of everyone but he did and they let him, it states in the rules no pro training or anyone else is to be training the 4-H horse after june 1. I felt sorry for the girl- her daddy does everything and she can't ride a lick, floppin' all over no balance, but her horse looked good, after daddy rode and lunged it into the ground.

I've learned this county has some real issues and they are becoming so obvious to more than just me, I sure hope some changes are made. But then I gues its been this way for years! No one likes to ruffle the feathers of the hot shots. Maybe some of the feathers just need plucked. :D

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back