Fair cost for training?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What would be a fair price for me to expect to pay for both bombproofing training and driving training? I am actually looking for the cost of an individual training session. Trainer is at barn where I board and so don't need to worry about all the additional costs.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would vary depending on location, cost of living in your area and the individual trainer's programs.

I am in California and currently have a new horse in training with a trainer I had used before to correct some problems with another horse. His monthly fee is $800. which includes feed. The trainer works with her 6 days per week and I receive a daily detailed report by e-mail on what was worked on, how she did and what the plan is for the following day. He is very professional and each horse has scheduled training times so I can go view the training as well.

It takes as long as it takes with each individual horse and I have paid less, but had inconsistant training.

Hopefully you can find a good trainer at a reasonable price in your area.
Best wishes for you.

Thank you for your response. I am actually looking for the cost of an individual training session. Trainer is at barn where I board and so don't need to worry about all the additional costs.

I would say for an individual hour lesson expect to pay $50-$100 depending on the trainer and what it is you are hoping to accomplish.

Back